AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 960 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
No unfortunately this isn't blender I used adobe premier pro with all the graphics being contained in a PSD file in different layers. I have now found a porky pig so I have a choice of character for the ending. More than happy to post the files if they are of use to someone. Steve

·
Registered
287 Posts
Trying to work out the details of Rain and lightning. I thought that this was kind of a fun start at a rainy day intro. I need to work out details of the umbrella blowing out of the scene and then returns and the lightning is not timed early enough to let the thunder roll through the subwoofer. Lightning needs to be brighter.

For this scene, I wrapped a large sphere around the whole project. Then, textured the inside of the sphere with a cloud pattern. Not happy with that yet.

Anyway, I thought that this was a fun learning exercise.

Video follows:
http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q...yintroreva.flv

Will post blend if anyone wants it.

·
Registered
545 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zductive /forum/post/0

Trying to work out the details of Rain and lightning. I thought that this was kind of a fun start at a rainy day intro. I need to work out details of the umbrella blowing out of the scene and then returns and the lightning is not timed early enough to let the thunder roll through the subwoofer. Lightning needs to be brighter.

For this scene, I wrapped a large sphere around the whole project. Then, textured the inside of the sphere with a cloud pattern. Not happy with that yet.

Anyway, I thought that this was a fun learning exercise.

Video follows:
http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q...yintroreva.flv

Will post blend if anyone wants it.

rain looks great, I'm curious on how you did that and the lightning, any cool tricks?

Adam

·
Registered
287 Posts
Actually, I found a rain blend and a lightning blend.

makerain.tar.tar

and lsystem are the search terms.

Some interesting things at blenderdungeon!

I haven't figured how to control the rain yet. I would like to be able to get the water to pool on the floor and it doesn't do that for me yet.

Lightning actually creates a final mesh. Currently, I am just scaling it during the strike.

Seems more natural for it to branch as time goes by. Maybe I could make a series and import that??

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I'm not sure where the best place is to ask this question, but it's been driving me nuts and no amount of google searching or youtube searching has gotten me the answer.

Does anyone know which movie studio (or production company, or whatever they are) has a logo of lightning striking a tree? I want to say their trailer is just a lone tree next to an old road and suddenly a bolt of lightning comes down, lights up the tree, and it kinda "pauses" right there and puts the company name on the screen.

If anyone can answer this for me I'd greatly appreciate it, it's seriously driving me insane. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Jerry Bruckheimer Films!

Geez no wonder I never came up with it on my own. Thank you so much timdog!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Quick question. I have the rendered output I did of my "Universal" intro and the audio to go with. I also have the VOB file of the DTS Piano intro. What i'd like to do is play the universal intro first, fade out, and then play the DTS Piano clip. However, I want the final file to still retain the dts 5.1 audio. Basically, what program can I use that will add this together into 1 vob file I can burn while retaining the original video/audio. Thanks, it's late, so if this dosnt make sense, sorry.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Hey zductive, you've unknowingly been a great source of creativity for me lately.

Thanks to your mention of blenderdungeon I recently stumbled across this nifty tree generator, which when combined with your sample clip of lightning gave me an interesting idea. Thanks to timdog helping me figure out Jerry Bruckheimer's name, I might have a go at recreating his production company logo.

So far the part with the tree doesn't seem all that hard, as seen in the attached screenshots. And I think I can create a good lightning effect with a simple plane material. Look up something called "Jason's energy field" for a great example of how to stick a material and texture on a plane to simulate electricity waves like lightning or a force field.

Anyway, I have no idea when I'll actually try to put all this stuff together, but the pieces are all lining up. Good luck to you on your rainy day project, it's looking good so far. I'm curious if you've tried messing with soft bodies or an actual "wind" force in blender. I did some silly fun stuff with it a weekend or 2 ago, and you never know, if you got the hang of it it could add some sweet realism to your floating umbrella.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Just imagine .... A tree grows before your eyes and then it turns to gold (autumn). The wind blows and the leaves fall into the name of your theater.

Regarding the use of wind and forces, I have played a little with them. Trying to see if I can get the rain to bounce off the umbrella. It would be interesting if the wind could blow against some planes and cause a random push effect like you would see in nature. That would toss the umbrella around much better than I could move it by hand.

Wish that some "expert" could chime in. Some of these effects may be impossible

I have found some ripple blends but nothing that would show the ripples when the bobber goes into the water. Would a simple circular ripple be enough for the "man in the moon" idea?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
zductive,

As far as the Dreamworks logo is concerned, just about any reasonable ripple effect would be a great step in the right direction. Once the water is figured out though, the clouds still pose a major effort to undertake.

For the actual figure of the boy in the moon I would simply "cheat" and use a plane textured with a .jpg of the logo, so it's really just the water and clouds that make this intro challenging.

I *really* like the idea you've described of the growing tree and color changing, etc. though I have no idea if any of that is even possible... lol. It sure would be nice if we had a couple of experts around here

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
By the way, I whipped up an extremely simplistic version of the Touchstone Pictures logo this morning if anyone is interested. The text is fully editable, so this is easier than pie to customize. I'll admit it's nothing spectacular, but for about an hour's work I figured maybe someone would find it interesting. The halo definitely needs some work when the lightning bolt appears, but again that's a very simple thing for interested parties to play with.

Funny enough, this animation uses the "cheat" I described above, so at the end when the lighting bolt appears I simply cover up the plain blue sphere with a plane textured with the lightning bolt logo. It's nothing fancy, but it works.

I've uploaded two low res sample videos of this animation, one showing custom text and the other with the familiar "touchstone" text. The .blend file is also in the package, as is the lightning bolt texture that I used to cover the plane if anyone wants to play with this.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
If anyone is interested, I worked up another very simple animation this morning, this time of the old Walt Disney logo. This is the one before they went all 3D and fancy (ie: on their Pixar movies).

This one has 100% customizable text again so it's easy to make it your own. I've included 2 screenshots that show my version of the "original" logo as well as an example of a customized logo. Before anyone asks, yes the castle is hand draw, and no the font is not. I simply searched Google for a Disney font, downloaded a true type, and loaded it into Blender. It really couldn't have been any easier.

As far as the animation goes, I've finished the castle appearing from top to bottom, the bright halo in which the words "Walt Disney" appear, and the appearance of the word "pictures". The only thing left to do is Tinkerbell flying in an arc above the castle, so once I get that done I'll upload a .blend file. There's some tweaks I'd like to add, such as the "haze" effect as the castle appears, and my halos are notorious for needing work, but for ~2 hours effort it works well enough.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Magius, I would love the disney file please!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Absolutely Echo,

All the junk I create is destined for the boards here, and is geared towards being easily customizable for anyone's use. As I mentioned previously, my current .blend file is missing Tinkerbell and needs a few more tweaks as well before it's done.

For anyone interested in playing with the .blend at this early stage I've uploaded it in a .zip file, along with a test render of how the animation plays out so far, and the files associated with the true-type font that I used.

Just now looking at the test render I can see there are some timing issues with the word "pictures" and the halo needs a bit more work than I thought
. I'm not sure why I suck so much at creating halos... they've plagued me since the original Universal logo...

Anyways, hope you guys enjoy this, and I'll upload an update whenever I get around to finishing it.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I will post a blend of a float with radial ripples this afternoon. Also,believe that I found a good tutorial for clouds. Dreamworks is almost possible!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Sounds great zductive. I have a tutorial or 2 related to clouds and nebulas as well, so it will be interesting to see if we can all make the Dreamworks thing happen. I'm anxious to see what you come up with for ripples, but for now I'm heading out. I won't have any more time this weekend for Blender projects, so I'll post an updated Disney logo sometime during the week.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
OK I lied.

I got back early and decided to knock out this Disney logo. For some reason I'm not able to upload files right now, as AVS just throws lots of errors when I try. I'll upload it later tongiht or tomorrow whenver I think of it.

The logo is very easy to customize, but you may notice that some names just don't look as nice, others won't line up with Tinkerbell's arc, etc. All of this can be played with until you get something you like, but for my own theater name I wasn't overly happy...

Anyway, one word of advice for those interested in customization: There is a dotted line ellipse in front of the castle. These are the points that create the halo effect, so your custom text shouldn't extend too far beyond or it might become visible outside the halo. Some experimentation with scaling will likely be necessary to get your own text just the right size.

If anyone wants to modify this and improve my halo effect (or fix anything else for that matter) I'm all for it. Good luck!

21 - 40 of 960 Posts