AVS Forum banner

941 - 960 of 960 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
I'm going to read through all the tutorials and make some intros for my HT - I did (or should I say my daughter) did some stuff a while back with some tutorials which was fun, but we also want to make sure the sounds is as good as the custom gfx! So any pointers to adding 7.1 HD sounds/music to add to the wow factor?? THANKS :)

My goal is to have some "please turn off your phone" funnies and the custom HT title but also some of the DD and DTS type intros that have massive sounds going around the 7.1 speakers:D

·
Registered
54 Posts
I had a client not so long ago who wanted me to make some intros with 7.1.
The challenge for me was finding source files with 7.1 audio and then find software that can composite it together (Premiere can only take up to 5.1).

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hello everyone,

How are Ballyweg, w84no1 & magius doing? It's been a while since I have been in here...

My HT has been out of commission for over a year and a half so I know it's been at least that long since I've been in...

I just got a replacement projector so it's back to business! ha

The new projector is full HD 3D so time to update all my intros to 1920 x 1080.

Looks like I will be visiting Ballyweg's site for some tutorials. Maybe I'll work on a few intros of my own again, or maybe I won't (ha) depends on how much time I have free but either way it's good to see that you guys are still around and keeping things going.

I'll be checking in more often over the next little bit while I get my intros updated. At least they won't take as long to render this time around... My computer has finally been upgraded as well.. :)

Talk to you soon

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi,
I'm still here :). Though I haven't really made any new intros lately. I'll probably make the KFP3 intro one of the coming days.
As always, if you have any suggestions of great intros for me to customize, I'll be sure to take a look at them.

Your setup sounds really cool, I'm a bit envious. :)
I hope you enjoy my intros! Any feedback on the tutorials is of course welcome.

Ballyweg

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hey Ballyweg,

I downloaded the zip file for the Disney 3D intro on your site, however when I open the after effects project it looks for Disney.mov and it is no where to be found in the zip/folder. Do you have that laying around somewhere? I did a look around google and couldn't locate it. Appreciate it if you are able to help. Thanks!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey,
Ah yes, there's a small mistake in that file, thanks for pointing it out. I'll fix it in two weeks. Until then, just ignore/delete the Disney.mov (and the Disney composition).
They are remnants of the previous 2D project I used to make the 3D version.
All you need to do in After Effects is render the Disney3D composition.
If you want to do the 2D version, download the 2D project. :)

·
Registered
557 Posts
Did someone say more Disney intros? :)

https://vimeo.com/330594157
Several years ago, you sent me a file that I could plug into Blender and create a standard-def Fox intro that looked like the attached photo. It was a big hit during the times I showed it off in my home theater.

However, I now have a 4K display, and the current video is showing its age. I've read over your how-to, but still am not sure how to create the same video, but in HD quality (and with three lines of text like shown in my old one).

Also, is there a version of the Blender / Fox intro that has more of a blue/purple sky background? I think the foreground buildings and letters would "pop" more with the darker, contrasting color background.

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
Based on the wonderful template from Film Learnin, here's my version of a Marvel Studios Intro that soooo many people have requested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEb7DgRvmBY
Howdy howdy!

Long time no see...

Glad to see this thread is still kickin... ha

Ballyweg, thanks for carrying the tourch! You are doing great work. It's sad that I can't come in as often as I used to and contribute to the thread but for sure keep up the good work!

941 - 960 of 960 Posts