AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Along with ginos request for 1080p72 i have been trying to get jim to have a blendin feature on the new lumagen. he said he is still thinking about it but not sure how many would sell just because of this feature lets take a poll!

Blending isnt just for CRTs you digital Guys would benefit also, no more lenses in front of your projector! just add another PJ double the brightness!

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=851150

Athansios

·
Registered
1,849 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashou66 /forum/post/0

Along with ginos request for 1080p72 i have been trying to get jim to have a blendin feature on the new lumagen. he said he is still thinking about it but not sure how many would sell just because of this feature lets take a poll!

Blending isnt just for CRTs you digital Guys would benefit also, no more lenses in front of your projector! just add another PJ double the brightness!

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=851150

Athansios

Blending doesn't work well for digital projectors. The differences in bulbs and bulb wear are too large for it to work effectively.

·
Registered
5,549 Posts
On a digital wouldn't you also end up with a brighter 'black' in the blend zone vs. the sides?

A pair of graduated ND filters ever so carefully aligned might be more effective for digital blending.

Shawn

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TV one makes the C2-7200 and its main market is for comercial use and that is mostly for digital. it has gamma correction for the blend zone. this is a simple software implementation to a specific pixel area. I have a unit i am testing with my crt set up. but all the instuctions are for digital. They have never had anyone try it with crts so that is why i'm testing it. I just think it be great if the Lumagen had this feature also since i'm very familiar with how Lumagens work. The C2-7200 is a very nice peice of gear but more geared to the commercial post production market. with text overlay fade switching between inputs ect, but this is cool for say making a seprate intro dvd of your theater then it can fade out to the movie. i treid it out really cool! but at 10,000 Dollars its a bit pricey. Lumagen could do it for a lot less! so at least vote yes for me ! lol

Edit:they are showing blending at a trade show in califonia so anyone nearby including Jim from Lumagen should go check it out. maybe it will lend some insight to evryone. here is a the info:Please see us @ InfoComm June 19-21 Anaheim CA Booth #1514 Where Edge

Blending will be displayed.

Athanasios

·
Registered
5,549 Posts
"TV one makes the C2-7200 and its main market is for comercial use and that is mostly for digital. it has gamma correction for the blend zone."

The gamma correction for the blend zone won't fix what I'm talking about. Since digitals can't do full black (like CRTs) even on a full black screen they will have some amount of light. Where the two digitals are overlapping the screen is going to be twice as bright for 'black' as for the rest of the screen. In commercial use in lit up rooms this probably wouldn't be much of an issue. But in a dark theater it could be.

Shawn

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it has an adjustment for the two non blend zones as well.

Athanasios

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Even so, with the amount of tweaking you're going to have to do for uneven bulb wear, you might as well just get a CRT.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindahl /forum/post/0

Even so, with the amount of tweaking you're going to have to do for uneven bulb wear, you might as well just get a CRT.

I do have a CRT, three actually! Two Marquees than want to be blended and My RPTV MItsubishi 65815. I am just trying to get more people to vote for a future blend option to the new Luamgen it would be a software upgrade so not really any additional hardware cost. so i posted this thread in the digital forum too.

Athansios

1 - 8 of 8 Posts