AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 416 Posts

·
Registered
18,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Premieres Sept 21, Mondays 10/9c

Starring Jaimie Alexander -- A vast international plot explodes when a beautiful Jane Doe is discovered naked in
Times Square, completely covered in mysterious, intricate tattoos with no memory of who she is or how she got
there. There’s one that’s very clear, however: the name of FBI agent Kurt Weller, emblazoned across her back.
“Jane,” Agent Weller and rest of the FBI quickly realize that each mark on her body is a crime to solve, leading
them closer to the truth about her identity and the mysteries to be revealed.

The cast includes Sullivan Stapleton ("300: Rise of an Empire," "Strike Back"), Jaimie Alexander
("Thor: The Dark World," "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."), Marianne Jean-Baptiste ("Broadchurch,"
"Without a Trace"), Rob Brown ("Treme"), Audrey Esparza ("Black Box"), Ukweli Roach ("The Royals")
and Ashley Johnson ("Much Ado About Nothing").

Writer Martin Gero ("Bored to Death," "L.A. Complex") serves as executive producer along with Greg
Berlanti ("Arrow," "The Mysteries of Laura," "The Flash"), Sarah Schechter ("The Mysteries of Laura,"
"The Flash"), Mark Pellington ("Cold Case") and Marcos Siega ("The Following"). Pellington directed the
pilot episode.
http://www.nbc.com/blindspot

Reactions: Young C

·
Registered
14,547 Posts
I've liked Jamie Alexander since Kyle XY (which this kind of reminds me of) so I'll probably watch it. NBC high-concept shows have a poor track record of late so I don't expect this to last very long.

·
Super Moderator
17,799 Posts
Saw the screener. I'll definitely be back for subsequent episodes. Has a real "Blacklist" feel, though the dialog is a little cheesy and predictable.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
I'm going to give it a shot despite the possibility of any similarity to Blacklist...

·
Premium Member
Bedroom: 50-in 1080p LCD, XG1v4 (Ultra HD DVR for Comcast), BD Player; Office: 32-in LCD, etc.
2,387 Posts
I'm going to give it a shot despite the possibility of any similarity to Blacklist...
Same here. I figure that if a series looks like it will be interesting, to go ahead and record it so I can later watch it and make up my own mind. After all, it is really easy to just delete a show out of the DVR, and I would rather err on the side of recording a few misses than err on the side of missing a potentially really enjoyable show.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Same here. I figure that if a series looks like it will be interesting, to go ahead and record it so I can later watch it and make up my own mind. After all, it is really easy to just delete a show out of the DVR, and I would rather err on the side of recording a few misses than err on the side of missing a potentially really enjoyable show.
That's been my approach in recent years, but my expectations have never been lower than this year - if even one "really enjoyable show" comes out of this crop it will be a pleasant surprise...

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Just setup a "season pass." I'm in it for Sullivan Stapleton. He's hansom and a bad ass :D :eek:

Hopefully I can catch tonight's episode.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Hmm this show is going up against Monday Night Football on ESPN. Wonder if that will hurt the ratings or whatever. I know plenty of people watch it from their DVR but still.

·
Registered
18,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm in for a nekkid, inked up Jaimie Alexander. Anytime a show goes up against football it's going to lose. That's why God invented DVRs.:D

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Loving it! Extra-oustanding. Nobody told me that Marianne Jean-Baptiste will be in it :D

OK, the subway explosion was a bit much. He would have died from the C-4 blast.

If this was Cinemax, Kurt would have been having sex with her up in the stairwell.
Good ending. I'll be back next Monday

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
More Strike Back/Cinemax ref-fing, Phillip Wincheter-aka Mikey, is also starring in an NBC series called The Player, with Wesley Snipes. Just for fun they should air both back to back, unfortunately, they're not.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
I have to give NBC credit - they're still making episodes available on NBC.com the morning after airing. No problem recording the pilot there and just have to run it through VideoReDo to zap the commercials...

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Wow - BS clobbered Castle and NCISLA - 3.1 - 1.2 - 1.2

·
Registered
21,193 Posts
The Pilot really disappointed me. Despite great New York-centirc visuals, the plot was completely over the top without the counterbalance of humor. (Think how well Strike Back does that sort of thing.) Thus, the show ended up being one silly action scene after another, all of which made me roll my eyes. Even Sullivan Stapleton wasn't very good. He seemed to bark even routine orders in the same hyper-excited tone of voice he used in dangerous situations. The beautiful Jaimie Alexander was just fine as Jane Doe but wasn't given much of a chance to show us what Jane is all about.

Despite my profound disappointment with the Pilot, I plan to stick with the show for a while because of how great it looks. Maybe it will improve. I hope so.

1 - 20 of 416 Posts