Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I did not hear any difference

Votes: 2 66.7%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have constructed a blindest between 3 different sample rates. The original file was 24bit 96KS/s and the worst of my files is 44.1KS/s. Please tell your result from blind testing if you have done multiple independent listenings.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/91mnyxssmauyi/blindtest

The names is of course random. The bitrate is also somehow random since i might have added noise to some files in order to increase the bitrate and make cheating harder. Please do not tell which file is which if you have cheated using suitable program, send a PM if you have questions of any kind.

Link to the songs http://www.metal-archives.com/album...ndylions/Frozen_Dandylions_-_Overgrown/365406 i used "untitled" and editet out 75% of the song for several reasons.

·
Registered
11,700 Posts
To me F sounds best and E sounds worst, and D is somewhere in between.
The difference is so close that I'm not sure if I'm imagining a difference or not. Maybe they are all the same! But my ears are telling me F is best. LOL

Do I get a cookie yet?

·
Registered
11,700 Posts
That said, my ears aren't the greatest (to say the least), and they ain't getting any better with age neither...

All of them sound pretty-bad until the 3 minute mark, that is for SURE...

·
Registered
11,700 Posts
Good point, but I don't use an AVR or AVP for specifically that reason, too much self-noise (that I can hear).

I use a 2-ch DAC and a 2-ch analog pre. I'm really anal about my sound quality like that.
I am using the 2-ch ESS Sabre Reference DAC into a 2-ch XSP-1 Reference analog headphone pre and then into my Sennheiser cans.
The Sennheiser's are rated for 30khz, the XSP-1 and Sabre are both AP rated for 192kHz.

The limit is my aging human ears, not system, I'm 100% sure of that...

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Heard no difference except some rare occasional volume discrepancy between clips at some locations. Allthough I run 16b 48khz because I've done 24b 192khz A/B comparison with 16b 48khz and heard no difference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts