AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 times in the last 2 weeks, I come home and find the green light blinking rapidly on the front of my Television Mitsubishi WS-55517. Both times I just hit the power button and the Television comes on.

Both times this has happened is when I turn off the Television and return approx. 2-4 hours later and find this blinking green light. It blinks continuously also but my Television powers up when I hit the button.

I show no sign of a power failure because my times are correct on my microwave, oven etc.

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated. I bought this Television in April 2006. It was the last CRT RPTV Mitsubishi made. CraigR calibrated it in Nov. 2007.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Replace four capacitors on the DM board. They may or may not look bad, replace them anyways.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackman1 /forum/post/16976412

2 times in the last 2 weeks, I come home and find the green light blinking rapidly on the front of my Television Mitsubishi WS-55517. Both times I just hit the power button and the Television comes on.

Both times this has happened is when I turn off the Television and return approx. 2-4 hours later and find this blinking green light. It blinks continuously also but my Television powers up when I hit the button.

I show no sign of a power failure because my times are correct on my microwave, oven etc.

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated. I bought this Television in April 2006. It was the last CRT RPTV Mitsubishi made. CraigR calibrated it in Nov. 2007.
I deleted the inputs and reinstalled them hoping this might fix my problem. I read on another forum to try this.

I decided to rename Input HDMI to DVD.

After I did this, I started backing out to the main screen and the Television froze on the Device choice Menu then the Television shutdown and the green light went to blinking.

It finally stopped blinking and I hit the power button and it came on without a problem.

It seems to me that something is interacting between my Toshiba HD 30 DVD player amd my WS-55517.

I started watching DVD's about 2 weeks ago. I have not watched anything on my DVD player in months before this.

Do I have a screwed up eprom in the Television that screws up when I use the DVD player and its remote possibly? I have had this HD DVD player for over a year and never had a issue but now I think the Television does not like this input for some reason.

Thamks in advance. WS-55517 Mistubishi RPTV

Dish HD 722 Receiver with Dish Turbo gold and platinum with AT 250

Onkyo 790s AVR hooked up 5.1

OTA antenna CM 4228 with CM pre-amp 3041 DSB

Toshiba HD-A30

[/b]

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
You should try a service menu initialization-

On remote press MENU 2470.

Highlight "INITIAL" and press ENTER.

Wait for it to finish then on the front panel press RESET.

The Tv will reboot, then you can turn back on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackman1 /forum/post/16981068

The DM board in my Television was replaced 15 months ago.

Not really a good excuse. They can fail again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts