AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Watched this last night, one of stathams' better roles. I think this was released across the Atlantic, never had a theatrical release here.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just got done with this and I was really surprised how much negative feedback I've read on this on IMDB and from BB reviewers. I just don't get it with some movie fans, they say they're a big J Statham fan yet trashed this Blitz.

For me, I don't hate the guy but don't love him either. He just manages to be in some movies that I tend to like like the 1st Transporter and the Mechanic was decent. Blitz had the smallest budget of all his latest films but it manages to be entertaining with a slightly different take on the serial cop killer genre and it got several good laughs from me with it's quirky cheeky UK script. I was ROTFLMAO with the interrogation facebook bit...you'll see what I mean. Oh bloody hell, just give a shot blokes.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Streamed this last night from NF. I thought this was a departure for JS. The way it started I thought it was going to be his usual kick a$$ every 5 minutes or so, which is just fine by me and a big reason why I like him so much, but it turned out to be the opposite. While not a great movie, I thought it was entertaining enough that I would easily recommend this for a rental. I say rental because the NF streaming was only stereo and it almost brought my walls down. I'm betting 5.1 would sound awesome.

There's some very nasty violence in the Blitz, so it's not for the kiddies.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
I watched in SD-DVD. PQ is horrible or was it just me?

Story wise, I was disappointed since I'm a Statham fan (but I did not watch In the Name of the King). Definitely fooled by the Plot Keyword of Serial Killer, quite lame.

Do skip this one.

Oh! yes. No kiddies allowed.

·
Banned
34,841 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonbud0 /forum/post/20963078

I watched in SD-DVD. PQ is horrible or was it just me?

No, it wasn't.

The BD looks like a DVD...EXTREMELY soft.

Must have been shot with a cellphone.

Almost EJECTED a couple of times, but got to the end.

The Director walked a razor's edge....

Although he pulled it off, but only after a couple of WTF moments.

I rate this as worth a rental (if you are a JS fan).

However, definitely can't recommend as a purchase.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.