Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Based on the discussion on this and other boards, I decided to pick up an LT150 as a possible replacement for my ailing Sony 1272.

It arrived Friday and it is awesome. The Sony will soon be for sale (with its weird bias problem). But all is not perfect in LT land.

My projector has two image defects. First it has 2 black blobish areas toward the top right of the screen. Looks like dust on the inside of the lens. It is visible on lighter backgrounds. Each blob is maybe 50 or so pixels around. They change in sharpness as I move the projector focus, but I cannot tell if the blobs are in focus at the same point as the image (after all , they are blobs)

The second problem is when there is a dark scene or the projector is in Picture Mute ... then there are two "mini halos" toward the upper right hand corner of the screen. These look like someone is reflecting a light off their watch onto the screen.

These are far less noticeable than the dark blobs.

I cleaned the front of the lens, but it looks like there is a film on the inside of the lens that I can't get to .. I can see swirlmarks on this film, like someone tried to clean inside the lens before it was put together.

I am planning on calling Projector People and having them send me another one .. but I thought I would ask and see if there is a way to remove and clean the lens (without affecting warranty).

Other than the blobs, I love this projector. Great color and blacks. I am using a 100" 4x3 1.3 gain screen and it seems perfect.

Thanks,

Ed

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.