AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has blockbuster changed there policy on widescreen/fullscreen rentals? I noticed that there rentals of MIB were widescreen editions as opposed to the full screen editions. Anyone else have this happen?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Last time I went browsing a couple weeks ago, they were carrying widescreens along with full (P&S) Most widescreens were marked with a sticker, but not all of them. At least half were P&S though.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
If a movie is released in both Widescreen an P&S versions, they carry the P&S only. *******o! There might not be such a thriving DVD format if the early adopting widescreen fanatics didn't jump on it so ferociously. I remember not too long ago, when I asked their employees if Blockbuster would be carrying DVD's and they shook their heads in wonder, not knowing what the heck I was talking about.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Martin,

Thats my point though. MIB II has both Wide and P&S, but my local blockbuster only has the widescreen version of it and doesn't have the PS version at all.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Your a lucky "chap". Here in NYC on the Upper West Side, they rent only P&S if both are available. Perhaps it is store dependent, and not company policy.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Martin did u see if the had P&S only for MIB 2? My store had P&S of everything up until last week. Seeing MIB 2 in widescreen (and only widescreen) shocked me.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I think after more than a couple of stores were left with piles of foolscreen AOTC discs and sold out of widescreen, they are starting topay attention. They would be stupid to ignore it.

Gus

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Damon, P&S is indeed pan & scan. It is a cropped version of the film, cut to fit standard TV sets. Once you are used to widescreen, P&S is ridiculous.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.