AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been to two different Blockheads, er, Blockbusters lately, one in Colorado Springs and one in Austin.

At both of the stores that I've visited, they only were carrying the WIDESCREEN DVD version of Ocean's Eleven.

Perhaps this is a sign of things to come?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Quote:
Hoorah for you able to go and rent DVD movies that great for you.
Well, this is actually good news since most Blockbuster Video stores tend to carry P&S titles only when a film is released in two separate versions on DVD.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
The Blockbuster down the street from me in Memphis carries full screen and widescreen prints (usually less widescreen). Perhaps not everyone is clamoring for fullscreen.

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
Interesting that they only have the Widescreen version...

Up here is the Great White North, Blockbuster only carries the Pan & Scan versions if there are two available.

I *DO* hope widescreen is a "sign of things to come".

[soapbox]

Actually, anything that gets them to suport OAR (Original Aspect Ratio) is good (whether it's widescreen or fullframe). Movies should be watched in their original ratio no matter what the ratio may be.

We don't cut the sides off a painting to make it fit a certain frame size do we? Why do they expect use to do this to a movie?

Just my 2 cents....

[/soapbox]

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
They are an evil, mom-and-pop-store destroying almost-monopoly, but they sure do stock a lot of prints and periodically purge them- got Training Day for $7.50 and Sexy Beast for $9.75.

As part of the thrill of my chase for these things, finding prices around $10-15 is paramount (or columbia, for that matter).

·
Registered
959 Posts
Well, here's a good one for you. The local Blockbuster here had FULL SCREEN only on their for sale racks, and WIDESCREEN only on their rental racks. Go figure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.