AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Banned
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im very pist off right now, I just got this email.................

We hope you are enjoying renting DVDs from BLOCKBUSTER Onlineâ„¢. In the year since we launched, we've had phenomenal growth thanks to people like you. We value you as a customer, and we hope you value our ongoing efforts to make BLOCKBUSTER Online the most convenient way to rent DVDs.

Beginning August 19, 2005, we will be raising the price of our BLOCKBUSTER Online rental plans.

Here is how your membership plan will be affected:

Your Current Plan: 3 at a time

Your New Monthly Price: $17.99 (plus tax)

The payment method you provided will be billed the above amount on: September 11, 2005

Over the next year, you can expect us to open even more distribution points to help with shipping times. We continue to bring in more titles on DVD with even more copies so the movies you want are available when you want them.

And in appreciation for your continued loyalty, we are introducing the first of our exclusive BLOCKBUSTER Online FREE offers. Look for additional exclusive free offers in upcoming months.

UNREAL, ok so you want to raise the price $3.00 more, ill go to netflix

CYA, i hope the rest of you do the same thing

Dont be abused by companies that think they can pull a price change out of their ass for no reason any time they want

·
Registered
800 Posts
Just received the same email. Considering I just switched from Netflix a few days ago, I'm VERY disappointed. The little red $1 vending machine at McDonald's is starting to look very appealing.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I personally hope the company burns in hell for all the late fees I paid in the late 80s and early 90s. Never went back and never will.

Burn Blockbuster, Burn!!!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Bah...VooDoo on them! Doom on them! My 8 @ a time is changing from $37.49 to $47.99! That's like $10.50 difference! This sucks @ss! I may have to change to 5 @ a time for $27.49 or cancel if I find a better deal.

Nuz

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Quote:
Dont be abused by companies that think they can pull a price change out of their ass for no reason any time they want
Not just any time, the 4th anniversay of September 11th!!

BTW, you'll pay that same price at netflix I believe.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have a collection agency hounding me on a $24.00 REFUND that Blocksuckers owes me. Somehow it ended up in their system showing I owe them. Nothing I do will get them to correct their mistake. Wonderful way to do business. :mad:

Peace,

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBearsOwn
UNREAL, ok so you want to raise the price $3.00 more, ill go to netflix

CYA, i hope the rest of you do the same thing

I don't care for BB at all, but this statement is just plain absurd and ignorant on many different levels. I'd suggest perhaps starting with taking some courses on economics, and then maybe following that up with some business classes.

It's a price increase. Don't blow a gasket. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuz
Bah...VooDoo on them! Doom on them! My 8 @ a time is changing from $37.49 to $47.99! That's like $10.50 difference! This sucks @ss! I may have to change to 5 @ a time for $27.49 or cancel if I find a better deal.

Nuz
8 at a time...dayumn!!!

Are you a burn and return type of subscriber?

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberNerd
I have a collection agency hounding me on a $24.00 REFUND that Blocksuckers owes me. Somehow it ended up in their system showing I owe them. Nothing I do will get them to correct their mistake. Wonderful way to do business. :mad:

Peace,

Pay the 24 bucks and regain your sanity and credit rating :p

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakesh.S
Are you a burn and return type of subscriber?

Isn't that illegal ? ;)

It's my opinion that "burn and return type of subscribers" are a large reason for BB and netflix success :cool:

Disclaimer: My opinion is based on no facts whatsoever :eek:

Used up my personal daily limit of post icons by 9:50AM

·
Registered
114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakesh.S
8 at a time...dayumn!!!
Seriously. I have trouble keeping up and I only do 1 at a time.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I received an email from BB stating that they would be raising their fees but.... it went on to say that MY rate is locked in at 14.99/month until Jan 2006 as was originally promised. I wonder why other people are getting a rate hike.

I've been completely satisfied with their service so far.

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
Everyone wants stuff for basically friee. You should know that they cant maintain 15/mo and still stay in business, they had to increase their rates, no choice.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmont
I received an email from BB stating that they would be raising their fees but.... it went on to say that MY rate is locked in at 14.99/month until Jan 2006 as was originally promised. I wonder why other people are getting a rate hike.

I've been completely satisfied with their service so far.
http://news.com.com/2100-1026_3-5825083.html

Blockbuster's $17.99 price applies to new subscribers and anyone who signed up on or after March 1, 2005. Customers who subscribed for the service prior to March 1 were guaranteed the $14.99 rate through Jan. 31, 2006, the rental company said.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm also not a fan of Blockbuster, but I can respect their decision here. How many of us want jobs where we're locked into the same salary for years?? The end goal of any company is to make more money, and this was their way of meeting that goal. People will cancel, but people will also join, so life goes on.

Oh, and I'm also guaranteed at $14.99 through January 2006, so maybe I'm being soft on them. :)

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I've been Blockbuster free for over 5 years and love it. Why people still give this company their money is beyond me.

·
Registered
27,195 Posts
Sounds like a cheap skate has been offended here.

Geez $3....Is it their business or yours??..And what happens when Net-Flix ups their rates?? Back to Blockbuster?

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron-P
I've been Blockbuster free for over 5 years and love it. Why people still give this company their money is beyond me.

Umm beacause they provide a useful service?

Why people always assume what is good for them should apply to everyone is beyond me.

·
Banned
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
call me what you want, i bet i have more money in savings then you ever will

Its called being a smart consumer

Ill move to netflix, take thier 1 dvd at a time for $10 deal and save money

Anything to say.... F U block busterS!

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.