AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fell asleep with a DVD playing and when I woke up the DVD menu had burnt into the screen. I used the screen burn protection built in to the TV. It seemed to clear up but now where the screen was burnt are blue blotches that come and go. When I watch SD content within minutes two thirds of my screen is covered in blue blotches. With HD it doesn't happen as often or as quickly. A friend suggested I should stop watching the TV for several months and it will fix itself. Is that possible? What should I do?

·
Registered
870 Posts
first post after 25 months...mind boggling. Is there a way to start an account and have the date wrong? maybe mess with the calander on your machine, or are all these recent posts I have been seeing for first time posts on 2 year old accounts actualy for real?

Not watching for whatever time period will do nothing to help you out. I think the blotches are not related to image retention at all...just a failure that "luckily" dropped in at the same time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.