AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant tell what is going on so hopefully someone can shed some light on the subject. I was watching a movie and one of my woofers in my floor speakers chattered for a moment. It has done it 2 other times but it does not do it any other time. Is it because i am listening to it to loud or is it trying to play outside of its range or is the woofer blown?

2112ci

monitor 70

cs2

monitor 40

HSU VTF-15H

·
Registered
157 Posts
Was it at quite high volume? (I ask because I had a similar problem with a Jamo D7. Dismantled it based on good advice from AVS members and found a hard plastic connector to the driver not properly secured and rattling at the higher volumes. Taped it back and the problem went away).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok so i got it to do it again. I put my head next to the port and i could hear a chattering from the port not the speakers. What could be causing this and what can i do to fix it.

·
Banned
2,914 Posts
I have not seen a M70 in person...

So the noise is not the driver it is the port...or rather the port itself. IF it is a plastic tube, you could try pulling it out and re-gluing it in.

Or is it an "audible air noise"(chuffing)?

·
Registered
157 Posts
I still think you have a loose wire inside - perhaps with one of those hard plastic connectors - and its touching part of the driver. In my situation it only happened at certain frequencies/loudness. But after refixing it out of the way, my problem definitely disappeared.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.