AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a blu ray authoring/design program which is more than a tinker toy select a file and kick out a direct to main movie only utility.
Options seem very limited unless you are willing to shell out $1000's, which I am not. I would say $200-300 is the maximum I would pay.
The only options I see are Sony DVD Architect Pro or DVDLogic Blu-Disc Studio.
Sony's offering seems like it is just a DVD app with bluray tacked on, while Blu-Disc Studio I cannot seem to find any decent reviews on.
Any suggestions or users of either program here which could provide additional insight and help me?
I need the ability to design my own menus and content will be BD compliant going into the authoring program.
I really liked DVDlab Pro for my DVD authoring needs over the years, but the developer never issued a BD capable version.
DVDlab Pro is the kind of control I am looking for in a BD authoring app.

Sony's app seems limited to MPEG2/H.264 & AC3/PCM, while DVDlogic app seems to be able to handle all 3 video codec's and a greatly expanded audio codec selection.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
I am looking for a blu ray authoring/design program which is more than a tinker toy select a file and kick out a direct to main movie only utility.
Options seem very limited unless you are willing to shell out $1000's, which I am not. I would say $200-300 is the maximum I would pay.
The only options I see are Sony DVD Architect Pro or DVDLogic Blu-Disc Studio.
Dunno DVDLogic but you MAY be able to find Architect somewhere, in your price range--I think it may have been offered for $200 awhile back.

I have Ulead (now Corel) MovieFactory 6+ (last was 7 I think) with the BD add-ons and it works fairly well but of course will never get another update...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts