AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I previously had a blu-ray reader for my PC which I used to backup my blu-ray movies. In order to save space without sacrificing quality, I went to the stream folder and deleted every file except for the main movie.

Recently, my blu-ray reader crapped out on me, and I got a good deal on a new blu-ray writer and a pack of 25GB disks. I wanted to clear some hard drive space by transferring my backups to disk. I tried writing one movie by using img burn and selecting the BDMV and Certificate folders. I tried playing the disk and it just shows a black screen and doesn't do anything.

So my question is, is there a way for me to write these to disk and be able to play them back on a standalone player? My guess is the player must be looking for some of those files that I deleted, and doesn't find them so it just sits there.

I wanted to get some input before I try again and waste another disk. I probably should get a RW disk just to use for testing purposes.

Any input is appreciated, thank you.

·
Registered
70 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brizzice /forum/post/20963252

Hello. I previously had a blu-ray reader for my PC which I used to backup my blu-ray movies. In order to save space without sacrificing quality, I went to the stream folder and deleted every file except for the main movie.

Recently, my blu-ray reader crapped out on me, and I got a good deal on a new blu-ray writer and a pack of 25GB disks. I wanted to clear some hard drive space by transferring my backups to disk. I tried writing one movie by using img burn and selecting the BDMV and Certificate folders. I tried playing the disk and it just shows a black screen and doesn't do anything.

So my question is, is there a way for me to write these to disk and be able to play them back on a standalone player? My guess is the player must be looking for some of those files that I deleted, and doesn't find them so it just sits there.

I wanted to get some input before I try again and waste another disk. I probably should get a RW disk just to use for testing purposes.

Any input is appreciated, thank you.

BD players will only read disc with full BD structure intact, since you erased some files you're going to have to re-rip your discs, don't delete anything and burn, also if you only want to keep the main movie only you have to rip it accordingly but if you ask me I would just buy another HDD, I used to burn BD discs but since I built my HTPC I just rip my BD movies to it and just keep the main movie which is usually around 15-25gb anyways, either way it should work.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I was planning on an HTPC in the future, I was just looking short term for now. Ok, thanks for the info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts