AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Terminator 2 Ultimate Edition DVD which includes the THX optimizer which is a calibration program to adjust picture settings. Could I use that THX optimizer to adjust the picture of Blu-Ray movies on my 55" LED TV? Because right now my TV mode is on "Dynamic" also known as "vivid"(which is what the HD TV automatically sets to whenever I play a Blu-Ray) with all the picture settings set on 50 (which is exactly half way) expect Backlight, which is set on full on 100. So would that THX optimizer be helpful for HD Blu-Ray Calibration as well?

If not, could anyone recommend me a calibration setting?

I have a Hinsense 55" LED TV

The picture modes consist of:

User (which is custom made settings I made myself that I use for regular TV)

Dymatic (Which I currently use for Blu-Ray playback)

Bright

Standard

Soft

Color temptation is set to normal, digital noise reduction I set to low and the motion flow feature I turned off

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
By all means use the Optimizer. I'd start in the User mode. First, turn everything off that says Auto, Dynamic, etc.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm thinking the THX optimizer on the Terminator 2 Skynet Edition will be better since its basically a HD version that is more accustom to Blu-Ray settings for HD TVs obviously.

Anyway, I see I need some specific glasses for the tint and colour adjustments on the THX optimizer. DO you know where I can buy them for cheap?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts