AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any BDdemo discs available with pristine content that I can use to show off my home theater?

·
Registered
7,641 Posts
Are you talking about actual demo discs for video and audio (example: DTS audio demo discs), or are you referring to "eye candy" movies that are good for demo material?

Brandon

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actual demo discs... DTS-HDmaster or uncompressed PCM for audio, etc... maybe some movie trailers or nature scenes from HD video cam, etc... That kind of thing. The kind you would see demoed at a theater store.

·
Registered
7,641 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 /forum/post/14193164

I know they exist as DTS and Dolby both made one ( http://www.demo-world.eu/demo-dvds/ ) but I don't know how one would go about aquiring them.

Brandon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Stranger /forum/post/14194283

Look on Ebay. Usually someone is selling the in-store demo Blu-ray disc meant for retailers.

Thanks to both of you. I ordered the Dolby TrueHD demo disc off of ebay. I'm totally looking forward to seeing it. Anytime you walk through a theater store, or even Best Buy for that matter, the images shown on these demo discs really show off the display. I just installed a new projector (Sharp xv-z12000 mark2) and I want to see what it's capable of with the best possible material. And showing off my Onkyo 805 with the dolby truehd will be a bonus as well. The Demo-World site rates this disc with it's highest rating for both audio and video.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts