AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My drive would not let me put discs in they got stuck half way, i opened it up and one of the guide rails had come off track, i put this back and put the drive back together but now the blue light stays on, it will only go out if i press the eject button and then it comes back on if i try to put a disc in, the drive still will not take a disc in on its own, i can push one in but it will not read it and then i try to eject it and for about a second it makes this noise, it will not eject the disc.

Its just a pain, recieved it on tuesday and cant even play a game or watch a movie.

·
Registered
348 Posts
This has happened before, only in most experiences I've read people have either had discs get stuck inside the PS3 or they get stuck halfway in.

Either way, your PS3 is defective, but you shouldn't have opened your PS3 to investigate. I'm sure you could get a replacement as long as you carefully leave out the part about your self-repair.

I won't be held responsible for such a transgression of ethics, though.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Don't people read that opening their PS3 will void their warranty. And you have to peel off something 99% of the time so that they know. When you replace it they will notice and come after you for fraud. Be careful. $500 to $600 down the drain. Ouch.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Since you just bought it, return it to the store, they won't know the difference.

·
Registered
810 Posts
and DONT MENTION you opened it...

... or we will have gazillion blogs publish how "EVIL sony doesnt honor warranty if you open the box"

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The only reason i opened it was because it was from hong kong and i live in the uk, i know opening viods the warranty, im not stupid, opening was the only option i had, i couldnt get in contact with the person i had bought it off.

·
Registered
810 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by speighty /forum/post/0

The only reason i opened it was because it was from hong kong and i live in the uk, i know opening viods the warranty, im not stupid, opening was the only option i had, i couldnt get in contact with the person i had bought it off.

well then you get to be creative on what you have to do in march 23rd :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.