AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
I think this is the drive I bought about a year and a half. It is quite slow to rip with the 2x speed.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
one of the commenters said software included. I have bought many OEM liteon dvd drives from newegg and almost always ended up with a copy of nero. Sometimes I think oem means no fancy packaging but still sometimes has the software. I dont get it because it shouldnt be included.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I'm still on the fence to go BR but I did read some of the reviews - did anyone else notice the DATES? The last one is August 2009, yes 2009. Seems they'd been selling these back in the day, located a case in a corner of the warehouse and added them to inventory at a discount! Oh well... it is a 2X BR drive and there's nothing wrong with their passing it on to customers...

·
Registered
1,138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servicetech571 /forum/post/19631337

How much is the software required to actually play movies? When added to the cost of the drive is it cheaper than just buying a standalone player?

Arcsoft has TMT 5 on special for $65.

Edit: I bought a much more modern Asus BD-ROM last month for $10 more.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Sold Out.

I grabbed an LG several months ago on the Egg that came with Cyberlink PDVD8 OEM 2ch. Just purchased the PDVD10 Ultra upgade (3DBD) and it saved some money by not having to buy the full version.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts