AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 60" width and 80" height to work with. I'm not a DIY so I'm looking to purchase something online. I went to Ikea to see if I could find something, and while I like the Billy Bookcases, they are too deep to store Blu-rays. I'm actually looking to store DVDs/Blu-rays/retro games (NES/SNES).


Any advice on what I could get?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,372 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by majax79 /forum/post/20878754


I have 60" width and 80" height to work with. I'm not a DIY so I'm looking to purchase something online. I went to Ikea to see if I could find something, and while I like the Billy Bookcases, they are too deep to store Blu-rays. I'm actually looking to store DVDs/Blu-rays/retro games (NES/SNES).


Any advice on what I could get?

Google DVD Storage Cabinet.. LOTS of stuff if you want to pay the price and most likely assemble it when it arrives.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,436 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by majax79 /forum/post/20878754


Problem solved.

Please do not delete your original post like that; just post a new reply. If the second poster hadn't quoted you, this thread would be rather useless. People search through these forums for years, so leave the original alone except for error corrections.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyad /forum/post/20915397


Please do not delete your original post like that; just post a new reply. If the second poster hadn't quoted you, this thread would be rather useless. People search through these forums for years, so leave the original alone except for error corrections.

Sorry, but I got annoyed when all I saw was "Google it". That's not going to help anybody months or years from now. I re-posted my original message.


However, I will say that I went back to IKEA and found BESTA shelf units that I did not see before. They are the perfect depth for old school retro games (SNES/NES in box) and Blu-rays. I bought two of the BESTA shelf units and I bought 3 extra Inreda shelves per unit, which allowed for maximum storage space.

BESTA shelf unit
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40102105

Inreda extra shelf
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30103469
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by majax79
Sorry, but I got annoyed when all I saw was "Google it". That's not going to help anybody months or years from now. I re-posted my original message.


However, I will say that I went back to IKEA and found BESTA shelf units that I did not see before. They are the perfect depth for old school retro games (SNES/NES in box) and Blu-rays. I bought two of the BESTA shelf units and I bought 3 extra Inreda shelves per unit, which allowed for maximum storage space.

BESTA shelf unit
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40102105

Inreda extra shelf
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30103469


Thanks a bunch. I'll keep those in mind. Right now I have an Atlantic Media unit I got from Target that holds some of my stuff. I also have a folding bookcase that I also got on clearance from Target that worked surprising well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
When you get them set up would you mind taking a few photos. I'm looking for something to store old video games as well and it would be great to see what the shelves look like with games in them


Thanks!


"However, I will say that I went back to IKEA and found BESTA shelf units that I did not see before. They are the perfect depth for old school retro games (SNES/NES in box) and Blu-rays. I bought two of the BESTA shelf units and I bought 3 extra Inreda shelves per unit, which allowed for maximum storage space."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,562 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by majax79 /forum/post/20964392


Sorry, but I got annoyed when all I saw was "Google it". That's not going to help anybody months or years from now. I re-posted my original message.


However, I will say that I went back to IKEA and found BESTA shelf units that I did not see before. They are the perfect depth for old school retro games (SNES/NES in box) and Blu-rays. I bought two of the BESTA shelf units and I bought 3 extra Inreda shelves per unit, which allowed for maximum storage space.

BESTA shelf unit
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40102105

Inreda extra shelf
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30103469

Very nice! Looks like the BESTA series even has doors available, if you (or she who must be obeyed) want to conceal the discs from view. I'll have to shoot these links to my wife.


I'd like to see pics of how everything looks once it's loaded up, along with an estimate of how many DVDs/blu rays each holds...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalani /forum/post/20980454


Very nice! Looks like the BESTA series even has doors available, if you (or she who must be obeyed) want to conceal the discs from view. I'll have to shoot these links to my wife.


I'd like to see pics of how everything looks once it's loaded up, along with an estimate of how many DVDs/blu rays each holds...

I don't have any SNES/NES games. I was buying the storage first before I started to get my collection.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top