AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone list some Blu-ray exclusive tv shows? Here are some that comes to mind.

The Simpsons

Seinfeld

24 - *confirmed 07

Prison Break - *confirmed 07

Lost - *rumored 07

Buffy

Angel

Firefly

Bones

Grey's Anatomy

Stargate / Atlantis - * rumored 07

Arrested Development

The Shield

The X-Files

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
We could be here forever!

Of course The dead zone and Weeds have already been announced

One I'd love to see is Party of Five (Sony) as well as Family guy and American dad (both fox). Heroes I believe is Universal, great shame that. Newsradio is another classic

Also:

My So-called Life

A.L.F

Arrested Development

Odyssey 5

Tru Calling

Batman (1966)

Desperate Housewives

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbie /forum/post/0

All I want is CSI, Sopranos, The Wire, Weeds, The West Wing (maybe), and The Boondocks.

All from neutral studios I think. Mainly Warner.

I really want: Rome, Dexter, Sleeper Cell in HD.

·
Registered
351 Posts
CSI, and Lost for me!

·
Registered
1,511 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbie /forum/post/0

All I want is CSI, Sopranos, The Wire, Weeds, The West Wing (maybe), and The Boondocks.

Only Weeds (LionsGate) and The Boondocks (Sony) are exclusive. The others are dual format

CSI is dual (paramount), as is Rome (HBO) and Sleeper Cell is unknown since it was released by Showtime on DVD

·
Registered
283 Posts

Arrested Development

The Shield

These are on my MUST HAVE list. Maybe Prison Break, I don't know if it will be worth getting Prison Break, not really a show that displays stunning audio, the PQ on Fox HD was pretty good though.

·
Registered
11,880 Posts
Unfortunately for alot of shows done in the 90's (Buffy, X-files, Angel) these shows although shot on film were edited on (and all the FX done) on SD video. The masters for these are at 480i. Getting them up to HD quality would mean finding all the original FILM elements, rescanning them in HD, re-editing them and re-doing all the FX. Not impossible but not easy either....

·
Registered
1,511 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Mack /forum/post/0

Not impossible but not easy either....

It's not hard to do a new transfer and make an edit that conforms to an existing edit. It's probably the same length as the actual encoding process itself. Look at this star trek HD thing, the biggest job was probably doing the new SFX

·
Registered
171 Posts
I want Scrubs (Buena Vista) in HD bad...I have the SD DVD's but I would upgrade to HD. Its a terrific show. However, it's not broadcast is 16x9.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.