AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I went and did something that I'm sure to get flamed about; told how incompetent I am; and generally bad-mouthed by 1/2 the AVS Forum:

I created a Blu-Ray HD Calibration Discs. This disc is in the BDAV format -- which should be suitable for most Blu-Ray players, and will definitely work on the PS3! I can also create a BDMV if such a demand exists.

Here's how the discs were created.
  • Download the HD Calibration Files from www.w6rz.net
  • Convert the .TS streams to HD MPEG using VideoRedo. A couple of streams were corrupted, but i was able fix them with other tools.
  • Compile the disc image using Cyberlink PowerProducer. PowerProducer does not re-render the files, thus ensuring their accuracy to the original contents. Chapter marks were added to "IRE-Windows" and "IRE-Fields" and Color videos at each of the 10-IRE sections and/or individual colors.
  • Burn to disc using PowerProducer.
  • Ran the video on the PS3 and tested each of the files. Tested the chapter marks working correctly. (The chapters worked perfectly for me, though some people have previously reported that chapter marks don't work with BDAV, or PowerProducer on the PS3.)
  • Verified the IRE values using my Lumagen Video Processor. The Lumagen has the ability to read the IRE values in its internal frame buffer, and output that value to the screen. All IRE values verified perfectly correct -- thus giving me confidence in this disc.
  • Used PowerProducer to create the disc image file. Unfortunately, this image file is not a .ISO -- but is instead in a PowerProducer format. Sorry.

Instructions for downloading and burning:
  • Download BD-Calibrate - All.ZIP .
  • You'll need to get CyberLink PowerProducer (sorry, it's all I could make work and verify that I could distribute using the same method). At least it's cheap.
  • As a safety precaution, be sure to download the PowerProducer latest patch. This patch fixes some issues for burning BDAV discs for PS3.
  • Unzip the archive, and place in the "MyWorks" directory.
  • Load the image file with PowerProducer from the "Utilities" menu.
  • Use PowerProducer "Utilities" to burn disc from image from the archive you placed in MyWorks directory.
  • Point to the disc image you just downloaded. Press Go.

I also have the ability to create this image for BDMV players...using DVDIt ProHD. If there is such a need, I'll get to that next week.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just modified the calibration package. Now all of the HD calibration files are in one image. See the updated instructions above.

NOTE: All of the grayscale, and color calibration images are in one file -- use CHAPTER+ and CHAPTER- to scroll through the various grayscale and color clips.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.