AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everybody!

I have a problem that has been driving me crazy for the past week.I noticed that there are many experienced people here, so i hope someone will be able to help me solve this.I've searched this forum but didn't find anyhting useful for my situation.

Everytime i try to play a Blu Ray movie directly from my Hard Drive i can't.

I have tried both Total Media Theater and PowerDVD 7.3 and the result is the same.It seems as if they are going to play the movie, a black screen appears, but the timer stays frozen at 00:00 and it never starts.Since the same thing happens with both players, i figure this is a problem related with my pc.My graphics card is NVidia GeForce 8600M GT .

The thing is though, if i right click on the the file 00001.m2ts it plays with powerdvd amd windows media player perfectly, but i can't access any menu, plus there is some very annoying commentary (not from the actors).Total Media Theater can't open 00001.m2ts by right clicking on it.

Please help! I have been trying to figure this out for 7 days now, but i don't think i can figure this out on my own!

If i have posted this on the wrong section, i apologise.It'

s my first post on this forum and i haven't gotten used to it yet!

Thank you sincerely for taking the time to read about my problem!

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
I don't think either of those programs are particularly willing to play illegally ripped content, since they are licensed blu-ray players.

It's not the most user-friendly media player but you might get better results from VLC (and no, it wont do menus)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.