21 - 40 of 1010 Posts

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalsaber /forum/post/0

Lot of the images are not working.

Fixed. Frogs came up very quickly. Good thing I have a backup. Imagine these are all bigger files. It won't last a couple of hours.

·
Registered
10,260 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilka /forum/post/0

What is your equipment lineup Xylon? Camera? Display? HD Player? HDMI switch? External scaler? etc.

I'm sure you've already posted this somewhere, but I can't find it ...

I'm surprised at these presented results quite frankly, but don't have the proper info./equipment to judge.

furthermore regarding the camera:

what kind, what lens, what settings (ISO, aperture, shutter speed), tripod or handheld, MLU or not (if not timer or finger press).

Without full information, unfortunately those pictures mean absolutely nothing. Sorry.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Were these screen captures from a PC based player? Then scaled to identical 1536x864 same resolution? Very noticable difference even with "soft shot" CGI type material. The colors with hi def were much better. Viewing fullscreen with a 1080p 37" LCD. Nice job Xylon.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Wow, give the guy a break. I for one notice a difference and do appreciate screen captures. Especially HP!

·
Registered
2,646 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark0 /forum/post/0

This is a rediculous thread. Files aren't even large enough to broadcast DVD's capabilities, nevermind HD.

I think that the size works when you consider normal viewing distance from many hi def displays. People seem to see an improvement with their large 1366x768 displays. Isn't one of the broadcast HD formats 1280x720p? I had my nose just about 18" from my 1080p 37" LCD (could easily see the display's screen door effect). The HD captures did look sharper. The differences are there -- what is the big problem? That it does not show the total improvement possible?

Granted it would be interesting to see a similar thread with 1920x1080 PC based screen captures and everything (incl the SD DVD) rescaled to 1920x1080. And using a very sharp/hi detail film title. The Searchers? Seabiscuit? That would take a large amount of png file hosting space. But it would show an even larger improvement

·
Registered
3,799 Posts

Quote:
This is all about saving bandwidth and preventing you from seeing the frogs (hopefully). Can you name me an image hosting site that can handle the traffic with bigger file size limit so I can use it? and wont suddenly go under. Hopefully this will make more sense to you.

Xylon i've got some webspace that doesn't have data limts where i host my 1080p images. I'll happily host any of your fullres shots. Send me a PM if you want to take me up on the offer.

Feel free to test the speed by goign here http://david2k.orcon.net.nz/

PS i to considered watermarking but decided against it.

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooki /forum/post/0

Xylon i've got some webspace that doesn't have data limts where i host my 1080p images. I'll happily host any of your fullres shots. Send me a PM if you want to take me up on the offer.

Feel free to test the speed by goign here http://david2k.orcon.net.nz/

PS i to considered watermarking but decided against it.

Thanks I will keep that in mind. Lets see how this one holds up.

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain /forum/post/0

Thx Xylon....

Suggestion.....

1) The Harry Potter stuff is heavy on FX, and it often looks fuzzy to keep you from not seeing it is fake.

2) More distant shots of large crowd, details in the sets, etc. often show the largest differences.

Thx for taking the time to post these pics !! I enjoy them.

-- Cain

Thanks.

I inserted a new screenshot at post #4 with large crowd, wide view. You are right the diff are much bigger.

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_O /forum/post/0

PS, watermarking copyrighted content of others is pretty lame.

To prevent leechers from using my personal imagehosting account for their own use. That way they can't post the pix and claim that they made it on their own. I want them to know that it came from AVSforum and participate here.

These are large files I have no choice.

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilka /forum/post/0

What is your equipment lineup Xylon? Camera? Display? HD Player? HDMI switch? External scaler? etc.

I'm sure you've already posted this somewhere, but I can't find it ...

I'm surprised at these presented results quite frankly, but don't have the proper info./equipment to judge.

NO camera were used. We have separate threads for that kind of approach.

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobgpsr /forum/post/0

Were these screen captures from a PC based player? Then scaled to identical 1536x864 same resolution? Very noticable difference even with "soft shot" CGI type material. The colors with hi def were much better. Viewing fullscreen with a 1080p 37" LCD. Nice job Xylon.

Yes, Yes and Yes. You got it

Try viewing them again, I replaced them with the Full HD version.

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobgpsr /forum/post/0

Granted it would be interesting to see a similar thread with 1920x1080 PC based screen captures and everything (incl the SD DVD) rescaled to 1920x1080. And using a very sharp/hi detail film title. That would take a large amount of png file hosting space. But it would show an even larger improvement

Done

21 - 40 of 1010 Posts