AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read one of our press release things today at work and it said that Blu-ray has outsold HD-DVD during the past month. I don't have exact numbers because it did not show, but that is what it said.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by inca /forum/post/0

Im sure its from the ps3 sales, and I'm also sure that you are about to be flamed!! lol

Yeah PS3 sales has helped a whole lot and it mentioned that also. It said both HD DVD and Blu-ray sales were slow but once PS3 and the HD DVD Add On for the 360 released sales have risen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassoon /forum/post/0

You can thank the "buy 1 get 1 free" deal they're having this week

I bought 4 movies with that deal for 60 bucks

Nah, that has nothing to do with it...well it will help future reports.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Some online sites like dvdempire.com showed the HDDVD movies outsold BD 60:40 for the last 12 months, but the last 2 months or so seem to be showing the switch to 55:45 in BD's favor. But the battle is not over, MSFT has snagged StarTrek as an exclusive for 2007 Whether that is June or Nov makes a big difference in whether I'll wait for the BD release.

As long as MSFT keeps spending money to try to maintain some semblance of release parity, and as long as Universal wants to remain exclusive, I think the battle will still remain ugly.

·
Registered
5,067 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassoon /forum/post/0

You can thank the "buy 1 get 1 free" deal they're having this week

I bought 4 movies with that deal for 60 bucks

That applies to both BD and HD DVD, doesn't it?

Gary

·
Registered
882 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dialog_gvf /forum/post/0

That applies to both BD and HD DVD, doesn't it?

Nope, just Blu-ray.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
I got a press release for Best Buy: Change your name! Those prices are NO 'best buy!'

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
This is pointless unless you have a link or scan of your "press release", PM sent.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.