AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This sounds even to me like a lame question, but here goes:

I've just set up a home theater in a room that is also used as a homeschool classroom. I painted a screen on the wall that previously was used for a large wall map of the world. I told my wife that I would replace the map with a blu-ray dvd that would project map images onto the wall through our PS3. I thought that and a laser pointer would solve that little problem quite nicely.

Does such a disk exist? I can't find anything obvious googling around ...

Chris

·
Registered
27,347 Posts
Try Googling it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
You don't need a blu-ray format or need to burn a disc for the maps. You are using a PS3, just find high resolution images and put them on the PS3s hard drive and use the built in slide show viewer. You can even take a picture of the old map you used to have.

With the lights on though, the contrast of the projected image will be very low, you might want to use photo shop to compensate or just get a pull down map to cover the screen so it will look better and you wont burn your lamp.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all that good info. I guess I'll finally have to crack the PS3's owner's manual (I tend to avoid those things like the plague) and figure out how I would put images on its hard drive. That does seem like the neatest solution.

The classroom is in the basement so there isn't much ambient light when the lights are switched off. However, I hadn't even considered the effect of having a static image on the lamp for an extended period. How long is too long?

I first considered a pull-down map but started thinking about plan B when I researched the prices. After spending twice what I planned on the home theater, I'm now very budget conscious!

Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.