AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I have been tinkering around with our HTPC for about a month and one of our last problems has to do with blu ray disc playback. When we watch a movie, the video will pixelate on a part of the screen and skip at times - mostly the pixelating. We're not sure if it's the blu ray drive, the amount of RAM or the graphics adapter on our mother board. We've used a usb thumb drive with ready boost, 2GB allocated, and that seemed to help a little - but it may have been wishful thinking.

Some specs:

Motherboard - BIOSTAR TFORCE TA790GXE w/ ATI Radeon HD3300 Graphics with 128MB Side-port memory, Max. Memory share up to 512 MB

RAM - 4 GB

Blu Ray Drive - Sony BDUX10S, 2x read speed, 4 MB cache

Processor - AMD Phenom II X4 940 Deneb 3.0GHz Quad Core

We don't run anything else in the background when we play a disc and our drivers have been updated.

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but we've been searching for answers on many of out HTPC issues for eons and we're tired.

Thank you so much.

-Craig

·
Registered
673 Posts
What software are you using to play the Blu-ray? If you are using the cheeseball software that came with your drive, its time to upgrade.

I had a similar situation with Blu-ray playback. On every title, I would see neon green flashes on the screen. I solved the issue by replacing the ATI 4650 card with an nVIDIA 9800 GTX card.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts