AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all...is anyone with the AVP2+6 able to send the hirez audio to the AVP2+6 via the analogue inputs in the back? It's my understanding that the AVP2+6 has the 5.1 analogue inputs necessary (but not the AVP or AVP2). Would like to confirm with an actual owner before I plunk down my money.

Thanks~

·
Registered
6,147 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdyoung75 /forum/post/0

Title says it all...is anyone with the AVP2+6 able to send the hirez audio to the AVP2+6 via the analogue inputs in the back? It's my understanding that the AVP2+6 has the 5.1 analogue inputs necessary (but not the AVP or AVP2). Would like to confirm with an actual owner before I plunk down my money.

Thanks~

the output of the new formats are 8 channel (7.1), as in truHD or DTS-HD. The AVP2+6 is 6 channel (5.1), and thus, you will be able to utilize the regular DD or DTS sound stream from your blu-ray/hd-dvd player, but not TruHD or DTS-HD. Additionally, most players out there now and what I saw in CES, will transfer this 8 channel output via HDMI (8 chnl LPCM).

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssabripo /forum/post/0

the output of the new formats are 8 channel (7.1), as in truHD or DTS-HD. The AVP2+6 is 6 channel (5.1), and thus, you will be able to utilize the regular DD or DTS sound stream from your blu-ray/hd-dvd player, but not TruHD or DTS-HD. Additionally, most players out there now and what I saw in CES, will transfer this 8 channel output via HDMI (8 chnl LPCM).

Hey sab...did you go ahead with the purchase of an AVP2+6
I'm not as concerned that I'll be doing 5.1 and not 7.1, as I am that I don't want lossy DD or DTS sound streams, I want the full uncompressed lossless TrueHD sound stream (even if only in 5.1).

The dolby web site on trueHD says...

"If your A/V receiver is equipped with 5.1 or 7.1 external audio inputs, the selection of an optical player equipped with 5.1- or 7.1-channel line-level outputs will provide full-bandwidth reproduction of the audio signal originating from your HD player. A connection through [this] existing interfaces will let you experience the full potential of the high-resolution audio delivered on next-generation optical formats."

I just want to make sure the AVP2+6 really does what I think it can, take in and process 5.1 analogue from a Blu Ray or HD-DVD source. Any owners that have tried this?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.