Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have this issue?

I just bought a new PS3 on EABY and it came with the Spiderman 3 Blu-ray. I put it in the drive and it would not read. On closer inspection of the disc i noticed a bubble in the protective coating. It seems that it is not fulled adhered to the disc and is peeling off.

Any ideas about getting replacement? Should I go back to the EBAY seller or directly to Sony?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Since this is a thread about defects. I've noticed that several of my BDs have a very thin but white line in the center spindle area (no data). Thinking it was just residue from either the player or the case, I used a soft cotton cloth (like always) to try and wipe it off. After doing so, there is a white, almost like lightly scratched, area that expanded on the disc rather than going away. What gives?

·
Premium Member
26,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetachi /forum/post/14164097

Anyone else have this issue?

I just bought a new PS3 on EABY and it came with the Spiderman 3 Blu-ray. I put it in the drive and it would not read. On closer inspection of the disc i noticed a bubble in the protective coating. It seems that it is not fulled adhered to the disc and is peeling off.

Any ideas about getting replacement? Should I go back to the EBAY seller or directly to Sony?

Thanks

Since he's not a retailer, I would doubt he would/should have to stand by a possible defect which falls under Sony's realm.

I doubt Sony will do anything since you bought this from a non-retailer channel, inessence used/secondary market.

These are some of the risks associated with buying second hand (even non-used items). Can you try both parties...sure. Depends on what your time and effort are worth vs buying a second copy new or used.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.