Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello; noob question here:

We bought a new flat panel TV & Blu-ray player, and I see in the player's settings that there's an adjustment to delay the audio by up to 120ms. When watching DVDs, Blu-ray or otherwise, I do notice that the audio & video are somewhat out of synch.

Why is this setting in there? Never saw it on any of our older "regular" DVD players. Is there something about the processing of the video, either in the player or in the newer TVs, that makes the video lag, hence the need to delay the audio?

If I experiment with the delay & get the audio & video to synch up better, will it be the same for all sources, or will I need to reset the delay for Blu-ray, standard DVD, CATV, etc.?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevedore /forum/post/15557546

Hello; noob question here:

We bought a new flat panel TV & Blu-ray player, and I see in the player's settings that there's an adjustment to delay the audio by up to 120ms. When watching DVDs, Blu-ray or otherwise, I do notice that the audio & video are somewhat out of synch.

Why is this setting in there? Never saw it on any of our older "regular" DVD players. Is there something about the processing of the video, either in the player or in the newer TVs, that makes the video lag, hence the need to delay the audio?

If I experiment with the delay & get the audio & video to synch up better, will it be the same for all sources, or will I need to reset the delay for Blu-ray, standard DVD, CATV, etc.?

Thanks!

Try doing a search on your model BR player then posting in its Master thread .

·
Premium Member
26,232 Posts
Steve:

We've structure this area with "master/owners" threads for each player. Though you don't list your player (make and model), I'm sure your player has a thread dedicated to it. Use advance search, title search only and the make of your player. The results should turn up your master thread. I would repost your question within that master thread.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.