AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently noticed when watching Blu-Rays/DVDs through my projector (BenQ W1070) using my Panasonic DMR-BWT700 that every so often the brightness appears to adjust itself automatically, only very slightly but it's noticable.

I worried that there was perhaps an issue with the projector's bulb as I've heard of brightness flicker, but this occurs at the same point in each film and only a handful of times throughout a film, rather than being a constant flicker. I therefore tried playing a disc where I knew it occurred through my standard TV (also Panasonic) and I noticed the brightness dim at exactly the same spot. However, it's not just part of the image because it doesn't do it when I play the same disc through the PS3, or watch it on my laptop.

I've heard some TVs have a feature that adjusts the brightness depending on the scene, but I've not heard that players themselves do this. However, it can only be the player given it happens at the same spot on the same disc both when I'm watching via the projector and via the TV, but when I play the disc through the PS3 it doesn't happen. Is there some feature the player has that I'm not aware of that's doing this? It's not majorly distracting; it generally only happens about 2 or 3 times a film, but it's just a bit odd and I can't find any mention of anyone else having experienced the same issue.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.