AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since i am sure that everyone isnt aware of all the outlets and in an effort to help

people shop for the best prices lets create a list of places to buy BDs

Off the top of my head this is what I have so far....I will update once people chime in.

OK someone suggested tracking Promos so I added it here...now people just have to post them and I will update as I see them

Price Comparison Website (doesnt seem to give prices for all the sites listed but its a tool that could prove valuable.

NEW PAYPAL PROMO: $15 BACK* with a $30 Purchase
https://paypal.promotionexpert.com/g...l?route=misc.s
Quote:
Rebate Payment. The $15.00 USD rebate will be deposited into your PayPal account by May 28, 2007. If you made your purchase in Canadian Dollars you will receive the Canadian Dollar equivalent of $15.00 USD at the day of the rebate payment.

CURRENT PRICING PROMOS:

Silent Hill Promo at Overstock is now DOA

$10 off with Google Check out at Buy.com & DVDempire.com

$30 off 1st purchase when apply you and use your Buy.com CC

$30 off 1st purchase when you apply and use your Amazon.com CC

$10 off Rebates(select titles in PS3s & other sony BD Players)

*The links take you directly to the Blu-ray section too.
Online:
Amazon.com
Buy.com
Overstock.com
DVDEmpire.com
dvdplanet.com
Deepdiscountdvd.com
Lasersedge.com
dvdpacific.com

BMs:

Best Buy
Circuit City
Walmart
Target
Fry's
Laser's Edge(Indy Area)

·
Premium Member
26,553 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris J /forum/post/0

Do you guys shop at all on ebay?

I haven't yet. I've bought used titles from Amazon Market place with no problems. Prior to the PS3 coming out, it was really a buyers market on some titles. I picked up a lot of the first wave for less than $15....half between $10 and $12. Now it's an exception to the rule to find even the crappy titles like 5th Element for less than $17 (or higher).

If you look every couple of days on specific titles, you can find some deals available. Recently found a copy of The Wild for around $15 and Fearless on HD-DVD for $19.50

Ron

·
Registered
1,448 Posts

Quote:

I love ebay. It is the best. I have bought and sold so much on there. My feedback rating is 2831. I currently have factory sealed BD and HD movies on there. I even sold all my open HDs on there. You can find great deals and get rid of stuff you dont want anymore.

·
Registered
103 Posts

Quote:

At least 50% of my LD collection is from eBay. I've been shopping there for almost 10 years. I have yet to come up short on anything.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
If you go to Buy.com and sign up for Google check out you get $10 off an order that is over $10. Then use a $10 rebate coupon from your PS3 purchase and you can get a title cheap.

I'll probably get Full Metal Jacket for $19.50 and get $10 off from Google and use my $10 rebate, so the studio is paying me .50 to take their movie. After shipping I'll pay $1.40.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobius_570 /forum/post/0

If you go to Buy.com and sign up for Google check out you get $10 off an order that is over $10. Then use a $10 rebate coupon from your PS3 purchase and you can get a title cheap.

I'll probably get Full Metal Jacket for $19.50 and get $10 off from Google and use my $10 rebate, so the studio is paying me .50 to take their movie. After shipping I'll pay $1.40.

i bought The Wild and BHD thinking i would get the $10 rebate on each but they are not qualifying movies(the only ones that qualify are the ones pictured)

but i will add that there is a $10 off with google check out

there is also $30 off your 1st buy.com order if you apply and use the buy.com cc(same at amazon too)

·
Registered
1,413 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBIC /forum/post/0

i bought The Wild and BHD thinking i would get the $10 rebate on each but they are not qualifying movies(the only ones that qualify are the ones pictured)

but i will add that there is a $10 off with google check out

there is also $30 off your 1st buy.com order if you apply and use the buy.com cc(same at amazon too)

If I'm not mistaken I think Full Metal Jacket was one pictured. I'll have to check again. I refuse to pay more than $20 for any movie, Blu Ray or not, unless it is something I know I will watch time and time again.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobius_570 /forum/post/0

If I'm not mistaken I think Full Metal Jacket was one pictured. I'll have to check again. I refuse to pay more than $20 for any movie, Blu Ray or not, unless it is something I know I will watch time and time again.

i know what you mean...with the buy.com discount i got The Wild and BHD both for $19.97 delivered but it would have been nice to have gotten them for +.03 if I could have used the rebates.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.