AVS Forum banner

1181 - 1200 of 1240 Posts

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Question while I'm in this thread (let me know if this is not the right thread to ask this question) . . . I buy only 4K UHD (Atmos audio) Blu-ray movies for my collection. Most DVD's I've purchased come with a 2nd Blu-ray disk. I have a Samsung 4k DVD player. Do I even need to keep the regular Blu-ray disks? I'm thinking of giving each one of the Blu-rays to my son who does not have a 4k player. He plays Blu-rays through his Xbox or Playstation.
The only reason I can think of is if you care about special features. A lot of times, they are only on the regular BD. But if not, give them to your son. They might as well get some use and be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Reactions: Ralph Potts

·
Blu-ray Reviewer
14,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,183
Greetings,

[email protected]@king forward to your Total Recall review Ralph.

On a side note. Ralph did you happen to pick up the 4K Star Wars saga Best Buy boxset on sale for 199 currently?.
Look for the review to go live tomorrow.. ;)

I did not pick it up..

Regards,

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Ralph:
No 4K on The Godfather CODA? I will definitely be getting Chernobyl, it's on my list and I've been good this year!

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Ralph:
No 4K on The Godfather CODA? I will definitely be getting Chernobyl, it's on my list and I've been good this year!
New setup: Paradigm Premier 700f speakers, SVS PB 2000 subs, 6 chairs with riser. Micca Dolby Atmos speakers (4). Paradigm surround and rear speakers..Denon 3600 AVR.. Aircom T8 cooler. Emotiva 2 channel amp..

·
Registered
1,292 Posts

·
Registered
3,662 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I preordered it 2 months ago, but it's still at $42 which is high. Hoping someone would review it before it comes out so i feel better about it.
I understand completely and agree. Always want to know exactly what it is that I am purchasing.

·
Registered
Arial Acoustics speakers for 7.1.4 system, AVM 60, McIntosh & Anthem amps, Paradygn Atmos
428 Posts
Pre-ordered Blade a few days ago on Amazon for a Dec 1st release. Already came today 12/2.
Watched 15 minutes of it so far. Great action movie back in 1998. And now with Atmos sound it's even better.
Wesley Snipes sure went through many ups and downs with his life since. Yet, he's still around making movies. Good for him!

Update: I finished Blade last night. I have about 10 reference Atmos DVD in my collection. And ordered 5 more titles. I watched Blade Runner 2046 which came 2 days ago. It was OK, better than the Final Cut, but still too many dark shadowy scenes for my taste.
This Blade release was mostly very bright and the Atmos audio so far is the best of what I have and watched of my collection. And I couldn't even turn it up loud due to my downstairs neighbor as I was watching it after 10 pm. But still, the audio in some scenes startled the hell out of me, even with the amp's loudness management setting "on"!

Movie wise, Wesley Snipes is still the ultimate vampire slayer IMO. . . and I'm not even into vampire flicks.

* why do some of my pics post landscape, but if you click on the pic it then changes to portrait?
View attachment 3063019
I'd be interested to know what you have chosen for your Atmos reference list of films. Audio has always been the most important thing to me so any film that has superior separation, item placement and now overhead feed is of great interest to me. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
23,767 Posts

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Ralph:
I just got "Coda" yesterday as a BluRay. This is the same video/audio ve3rsion as the "Coppolla Restoration" , but re-edited.

·
Premium Member
8,028 Posts
Saw this at the theatres, tell you it’s a movie that you will have to watch more than once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks Frank, this is great to hear:D

Yesterday, my wife was looking at some flyers. And ask if I ever heard of this one, and reply it's suppose to be a very good movie. At that point, I ask when it is coming out. She close the flyer as none of my business:eek: I guess it will be under the Christmas tree, during the holidays:D

In the meantime, I will be checking everyday for Ralph detail review.

Darth

·
Registered
Arial Acoustics speakers for 7.1.4 system, AVM 60, McIntosh & Anthem amps, Paradygn Atmos
428 Posts
Everything I've read from those who have already seen the re-edit of Godfather 3 state that there are few, if any real improvements to it and that the ending is a real let down. Many have stated that they felt cheated by buying into the 'whole new thing' supposedly made with the re-edit. Really looking forward to your review Ralph..

·
Blu-ray Reviewer
14,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,200
1181 - 1200 of 1240 Posts