AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't find my manual, but have a quick question about blu ray and sacd. To listen to sacd using a blu ray player, is that done via the hdmi cable? or do you have to hook up the 5.1 analog cables/wires? My avr referenced listening to sacd via blu ray, but was not, at least to me, clear on whether you have to hook up the 5.1 analog wires or whether the hdmi cable is all that is needed.

thx

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, I have the Sony S350. As I said earlier, I can't find the manual for it at this time. I just received a new HK avr (354) (not setup yet) and that is where I read about outputting sacd via blu ray (maybe I misunderstood?). So, after reading your post, I'm thinking I may be way off base here. I think I will do some more digging for that manual.

Appreciate your response.

edit--I just checked the back of the blu ray and there is no 5.1 outlets, so, if it doesn't play sacd through hdmi, then it won't play it. My original question though was/is sacd played through hdmi cables on sacd capable blu ray players? I was trying to determine is blu ray needed 5.1 for sacd.

thx,

·
Registered
16,933 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimpy /forum/post/16911828

Sorry, I have the Sony S350.

That player is not SACD-capable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimpy /forum/post/16911828

I just received a new HK avr (354) (not setup yet) and that is where I read about outputting sacd via blu ray (maybe I misunderstood?).

Not sure what you read in the manual, but you've misunderstood something. Blu-Ray, like SACD, is a disc format. You wouldn't play an "SACD via Blu-Ray".

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thx, sivadselim. I don't know where I got that kind of an idea.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts