AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I (think I) know that through multiple steps of ripping and encoding, it would be possible to rip a blu ray movie (just the movie), and then downsample to the appropriate resolution and burn onto a DVD-R and watch on a DVD player (just the movie portion), but is there any program that is specifically designed to do such a thing?

·
Registered
390 Posts
You can use AndDVD HD to rip the main movie (I believe) and then, depending on the file format you rip to, just burn it straight off to disc. I've always used NeroVision, and as long as the input file is compatible with their software, it'll automatically resize the video to fit on the disc. Not sure if other programs are able to do the same, so ymmv.

·
Registered
11,822 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete6032 /forum/post/17014377

I (think I) know that through multiple steps of ripping and encoding, it would be possible to rip a blu ray movie (just the movie), and then downsample to the appropriate resolution and burn onto a DVD-R and watch on a DVD player (just the movie portion), but is there any program that is specifically designed to do such a thing?

Hmmm... that would require a lot of horsepower to do, as a Blu Ray is anywhere from 20-40GB (just main movie) and you are looking to cram into a 4GB disk.

Here is what I think you are looking for:

http://www.corusa.com/public/Blu-Ray...de_milOtis.pdf

1 - 3 of 3 Posts