AVS Forum banner

961 - 975 of 975 Posts

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Glad to have the show back. The storylines were good, they way they were executed were not so much. I'm glad they did tackled the issue with police shootings, but there wasn't much to it as far as the episode goes.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
I enjoyed the episode, though the overlong forced tension in the dark dank basement, was a bit much for this show and did a little fast forwarding to speed the rescue up.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Baker looks pregnant to me, thus giving her a more robust figure. I could be wrong. IMO, she's been a hot commodity since the beginning.

Selleck is getting old, despite the hair dye ... no idea if he has leg issues. I guess we'll see over time.
After watching this weeks episode, I am tending to agree with you about "Baker". She could be pregnant. That would also explain why I stated (earlier) that she appears slightly different in her facial appearance. Anyway, I like the character.

And--"Frank" actually walked this week. All of ~10' from his desk to the conference room. At that, he was moving slowly. Otherwise, for the rest of the show he was always sitting.

·
Registered
9,749 Posts
After watching this weeks episode, I am tending to agree with you about "Baker". She could be pregnant. That would also explain why I stated (earlier) that she appears slightly different in her facial appearance. Anyway, I like the character.

And--"Frank" actually walked this week. All of ~10' from his desk to the conference room. At that, he was moving slowly. Otherwise, for the rest of the show he was always sitting.
Were my eyes playing tricks or did Frank have some gray intermingled with his jet-black hair this week?

Looks like the Family Table grew by two this week, with the addition of Frank's Grandson and his Mother. Seems they are being written in ...

·
Registered
888 Posts
Were my eyes playing tricks or did Frank have some gray intermingled with his jet-black hair this week?

Looks like the Family Table grew by two this week, with the addition of Frank's Grandson and his Mother. Seems they are being written in ...
I noticed the "aging" of his hair also. I know they don't want him to look as old as he is truly. But, after all, he is 75 in real life.

I'm hoping that having "Baez" at the table (last week) was a "one off" story line. But, the writers did need to do something to fill the table. So, they did it by adding "Paula Hill" and her son. I thought it interesting that absolutely no mention of "Nicky" has occurred so far this season. It's like she never existed. As I mentioned earlier--to me, it is no loss.

·
Registered
9,749 Posts
I noticed the "aging" of his hair also. I know they don't want him to look as old as he is truly. But, after all, he is 75 in real life.

I'm hoping that having "Baez" at the table (last week) was a "one off" story line. But, the writers did need to do something to fill the table. So, they did it by adding "Paula Hill" and her son. I thought it interesting that absolutely no mention of "Nicky" has occurred so far this season. It's like she never existed. As I mentioned earlier--to me, it is no loss.
Yeah, the dead son gets mentioned more often than the live granddaughter. Seems kinda weird from a story perspective, and maybe a touch vindictive (did they part ways amicably?), but I may just be seeing phantoms here. Could just be bad writing. We've seen plenty of that in the last couple of years.

As to the other story line of the DA job going to an outsider, I have to wonder what they are going to do with that. She is cast as a black woman for a reason.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
I'm finding the dynamics with the grandson to be more entertaining than the "cases" they work. Gives the show some freshness it's been needing.

·
Registered
9,749 Posts
I'm finding the dynamics with the grandson to be more entertaining than the "cases" they work. Gives the show some freshness it's been needing.
Looks like they may be writing him out just as fast as they brought him in. That said, I do think he will be back. Reagans don't run away from a fight. Having him bow out would be against all family tradition.

Guest appearance by the absent grand-son and grand-daughter just to make me look stupid for my comments last week. :mad: ;)

·
Registered
888 Posts
Guest appearance by the absent grand-son and grand-daughter just to make me look stupid for my comments last week. :mad: ;)
Yes-same here. I was also surprised to see "Nicky" make a guest appearance. According to the credit roll, she is no longer a "main" character. So, I'm guessing her appearances will now be few and far between. As I've said before-that is no big loss IMO.

·
Registered
888 Posts
The latest new show (1/8/21)--The "dinner table" scene sure seemed "flat". It felt like the writers had run out of ideas. Instead of tying their table talk to things that were happening in their jobs, they talked about old girlfriends. This scene just felt like a "throw away" IMO.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
The latest new show (1/8/21)--The "dinner table" scene sure seemed "flat". It felt like the writers had run out of ideas. Instead of tying their table talk to things that were happening in their jobs, they talked about old girlfriends. This scene just felt like a "throw away" IMO.
I didn't think that. I thought it was funny. It's more like what you'd really see and hear at an actual dinner table, if people still do that these days.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
I didn't think that. I thought it was funny. It's more like what you'd really see and hear at an actual dinner table, if people still do that these days.
I liked it too - nothing wrong with a bit of light banter instead of weighty issues every time...

·
Administrator
19,562 Posts
I didn't mind the discussion but did notice on the wide shots that the table is getting pretty empty with all the missing family members.

961 - 975 of 975 Posts