AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to NVR so I appreciate the assistance.

I have two Amcrest Cameras over Ethernet that I've been using. I want to set up an NVR but not sure which software would be the best for me.

My setup will be simple with just 24/7 continuous recording. I want to keep it as simple and reliable as possible. Setup and walk away and really only check up on it once in a blue moon.

I have trial versions of Blue Iris and Security Eye currently running to test out. I'm having difficulties getting SE past my firewall/router to try it out on a webpage over the internet and I've only found bad reviews of BI's app.

SE has been much easier for a newb like me to setup and forget about it, especially with the prompted how-tos but I don't know how reliable it is. BI hasn't been too bad but it's definitely taken a lot more time for me to learn since it has a lot more features and options than what I need.

My main concern is viewing while away on an android device. For that, which is the easiest and also most reliable?

·
Registered
850 Posts
I cannot compare the two as I only use Blue Iris. I have an iOS phone, my wife has Android. She has never complained to me about it and in fact she has used it 1-2x to pull up some security clips to review activity (so not just live view). not that my wife isnt technically capable, but you bet if there were issues or it were clunky I'd certainly know about it.

As far as help setting it, have you visited Blue Iris

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cannot compare the two as I only use Blue Iris. I have an iOS phone, my wife has Android. She has never complained to me about it and in fact she has used it 1-2x to pull up some security clips to review activity (so not just live view). not that my wife isnt technically capable, but you bet if there were issues or it were clunky I'd certainly know about it.

As far as help setting it, have you visited Blue Iris
You use remote viewing through a browser on your phone instead of the app?

·
Registered
790 Posts
BI is far better all around than SE. The downside is the mobile app i think it 15 dollars but it works really well.

We use it at-home and also have a few professional installations.

·
Registered
850 Posts
You use remote viewing through a browser on your phone instead of the app?
i use all the features
I use the iOS app, my wife uses the Android app
I work from home now and use my browser if im at my desk. Prior when I was working out of a company office I used the web browser with a DDNS (though I think BI has their own DDNS) link to look online.

So yeah, I kind of use all interfaces. When I really want to look at something critically I'll usually pull up the actual application, otherwise its mobile/web interaction

1 - 5 of 5 Posts