AVS Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
17,954 Posts
well recently i bought a 32 feet audioquest forest hdmi 4k and it beats my previous blue jean hdmi cable by a good 25%!

And please do not use a middle man switchboard because it is not as good as a direct connexion!
AudiQuest makes decent cables but they are way overpriced and overhyped for what you get. As quoted above, The most reliable connection for an active cable is a single cable, source to sink, with no wall plates, adapters, extenders, etc in-between because of the power requirements of active cables. If the switch has powered inputs, it MAY work, but 4k HDR is very finicky with its connections, Note that MAY is capitalized for emphasis.

·
Registered
5 Posts
AudiQuest makes decent cables but they are way overpriced and overhyped for what you get. As quoted above, The most reliable connection for an active cable is a single cable, source to sink, with no wall plates, adapters, extenders, etc in-between because of the power requirements of active cables. If the switch has powered inputs, it MAY work, but 4k HDR is very finicky with its connections, Note that MAY is capitalized for emphasis.
Well what is overpriced for you cause,I spent more then $45000 for my entire home theater system and I trusted my friend that is a mean man in order to go wit a brand product and since I made that move I'm happier then before I make that move!

·
Registered
17,954 Posts
Well what is overpriced for you cause,I spent more then $45000 for my entire home theater system and I trusted my friend that is a mean man in order to go wit a brand product and since I made that move I'm happier then before I make that move!
If money isn't an object to you then spend what you want on what ever you want. The point is that there are cables just as good as AudioQuest that don't cost as much. I find it interesting that AudioQuest used to post test specs that "proved" that their cables were superior to the competition, and the graphs were pretty. However, the specs were outside of human visual and auditory ranges so the data was actually meaningless as far as what you could actually see and hear. Besides, the cable is just a data pipe. If it is well made and is designed to carry what ever the HDMI chipsets at the source and sink end transmit/receive, that's all that matters. The cable can not make the reds and redder or greens any greener. Digital is digital.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If money isn't an object to you then spend what you want on what ever you want. The point is that there are cables just as good as AudioQuest that don't cost as much. I find it interesting that AudioQuest used to post test specs that "proved" that their cables were superior to the competition, and the graphs were pretty. However, the specs were outside of human visual and auditory ranges so the data was actually meaningless as far as what you could actually see and hear. Besides, the cable is just a data pipe. If it is well made and is designed to carry what ever the HDMI chipsets at the source and sink end transmit/receive, that's all that matters. The cable can not make the reds and redder or greens any greener. Digital is digital.
You know what, I believe that the only thing you want is to be right! So be it and enjoy it!

·
Registered
17,954 Posts
You know what, I believe that the only thing you want is to be right! So be it and enjoy it!
No need to take that attitude. It's just an opinion based on experience and fact. If you feel that your AQ cable was worth the money, and that your perception is that pq is better, that's fine.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts