AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still learning a lot about my XG110 and am getting it reasonably converged etc. (thanx Mooneyass for the lesson) but I am getting a rather "blueish" image on the right side of the screen.

I don't know much about the color bal. & temp settings so I don't like to play around with them but I noticed that the "white balance" options are all set to 50%

Any ideas? I do have the AVIA dvd but am still learning it too.

right now I am running the projector through an NEC IDC3000 doubler. It's not bad and really a lot less hassel than the computer (which is getting annoying :mad:

If anyone has suggestions... thank you in advance:D

Alun

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
The blue gun is on the right side of the projector (assuming ceiling mount). That causes the right side of the screen to be bluer than the right side. this effect is worse on higher gain screens.

If you go into reference adjust in service mode and choose "white uniformity" you can use the projector's shading controls to help even out the side to side color shift. However, do so sparingly as this creates a slightly uneven wear on the tubes. I'd keep it to less than 20 in either direction. On my 1.3 gain screen, I just live with the slight color shift.

The other thing to check is that the blue gun electron beam focus needs to be equal between the two sides. If one side is less well beam focused, then that side will be more blue.

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Then it is almost certainly a beam focus problem in the blue gun. I would bet that the portion which is projection on the right side of the screen is slighly less well focused than the left. Turn off blue focus tracking in the options menu and redo blue gun beam focus. Then turn blue focus tracking back on.

Yes I mean 20 on the slider scale for white uniformity.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Very possibly the blue tube has wear, and you are using part of the phospher that previously was not used. I have this effect, just slightly, on both sides of the image. (however mine is a 1272q)

Paul

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks gents,

the tubes look all immaculate. i've never heard of focus tracking,Guy but I'll look more carefully next time. Tomorrow I am going to try out a new (to me) screen I got from the AV dealer in town. 72X96" Dalite pearlescent, I hope it's better than my "blackout" material screen:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.