AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone catch this tonight? That was cool...I had never heard them or had seen them perform before. Wasn't that a song from the 70s they did?

also the lighting made my monitor pixilate more than ever before with HDTV. I wonder if 720p would have made a difference in this case...Eric

·
Registered
195 Posts
I just saw this. I wish I had a HiDef capture of this (*cough*). I absolutely love Blue Man Group. Saw them in NY, Boston, and Vegas.

Mike

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Love BMG. Saw them in Chicago.

Somehow, toilet paper will never seem the same. :)

Or marshmellows. :)

·
Registered
636 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by himey

also the lighting made my monitor pixilate more than ever before with HDTV. I wonder if 720p would have made a difference in this case...Eric
Were they using strobe lights? That's really tough on digital pictures.

jr

·
Registered
277 Posts
Yeah, they used strobe lights towards the end (when they did the "paint" flying thing).

They were doing a remake of "I Feel Love", which as himey caught is an old disco tune. I saw them live in Vegas and this was the first time i've seen them do something with vocals.

That girl from Venus Hum was cute! I loved the dress :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
FYI - they were promoting the new album, released yesterday. There's also a tour starting soon.

The album's worth buying, but I have to say, unless it grows on me more, I liked the first album better. Having it in DD5.1 might be a factor though :)

·
Premium Member
1,495 Posts
I have a DVD-A of the Blue Man Group and I love this DVD, the 5.1 audio is AWSOME!

I really want to see these guys live in concert.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I am with you about Annette Strean of Venus Hum.

I love that Lisa Loeb look. :)

·
Registered
782 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kurros
They were doing a remake of "I Feel Love", which as himey caught is an old disco tune. I saw them live in Vegas and this was the first time i've seen them do something with vocals.
I thought it was "I Feel Love" by Depeche Mode from their last album...unless their song was a remake as well. I've never heard of the song you mention though, so maybe I was mistaken.

Sean

·
Registered
277 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Sean_S
I thought it was "I Feel Love" by Depeche Mode from their last album...unless their song was a remake as well. I've never heard of the song you mention though, so maybe I was mistaken.
"I Feel Love" was a Donna Summers disco hit back in the late 70s

·
Registered
498 Posts
This was great, but BMG's sound really needs the LFE channel (5.1) to "come through". And the strobes really stress the ATSC standard (major pixelation and blocking).

What chance is there that Leno will go to 5.1 audio?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.