AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so I've read every sub thread on here. I' definitely know how to run Audyssey XT32. I'm still having issues getting my dual subs output reasonably flat. I even have minidsp to tone down the largest peaks pre-Audyssey.

I believe the main problem is my godforsaken L shaped room.

After countless hours of screwing around I've identified the two best placement options. Please help me determine which of these two charts look better.

FIRST GRAPH - Teal line is sub being moved by itself. Green is both.

SECOND GRAPH - Teal line is sub being moved by itself (different location now from above graph). Darker/purplish is both.

Which of those two look best? Or about the same you think? These are just subs and Audyssey off, DynEQ off..

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One more thing.. The graph with green line didn't automatically find any 'room modes' (when measuring sub by itself) in my fr analyzer. So should I roll with green line chart placement?

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd go with the top placement since it seems to reduce/eliminate the 40 Hz'ish null.
Ok I went with better placement.

After a few more hours of tweaking I still have a dip around 80 HZ. ITS DRIVING ME NUTS!

Since room is l shape, would putting a third sub in part of L that HT isn't in, fix the issue? If I try bumping the dip on both subs would minidsp, but that made other ares bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.