AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am replacing my home theater system (TV, receiver, blue ray player). I have just bought a Yamaha rxv773 receiver. I am going to replace my hd-dvd player with a blue ray player. I hope to buy a Panasonic st60 model tv.

Would it matter if I buy a yamaha blue ray player to match the receiver or a panasonic blue ray player to match the tv. Also, if i bought a Sony player, would that matter?

I am considering buying the yamaha 473 or 673 blue ray player or the panasonic 230 or 330 player or the sony 5100 or 790.

I only really want a player to play dvds and cds. However, my adult children may be able to coax out magic feats on these machines. Any comment would be welcome.

In 2007 you folks helped me buy a JVC 56fn97 tv which is aging rapidly like me. Thank you.

Bill

·
Registered
15,956 Posts
There is absolutely no reason to have matching brands, except for the possibility of sharing one remote for 2 pieces of equipment. For each piece of equipment, I just buy what I think is the best brand/model for me without worrying about matching anything. For BluRay players, Panasonic, Sony, and Oppo are the most popular brands. All are excellent. Check out the dedicated threads. And if you need more advice, you are supposed to use the Help Me Choose A Player thread.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts