Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man what a disaster.

This is what happend.

I was recording a tv show and watching it at the same time. As soon as the recoding ended, I lost the TV signal also. Ever since this happened, I don't get any TV signal through ReplayTV.

I tried Menu-> settings-> (replay input) and I made sure that it was set to cable.

I tried looking through other settings too.

I tested the cable line by connecting it directly to tv. I get clear signal.

Any ideas? My guess is that the tv tuner inside the replay died. And I have a feeling that there is no tech support anymore since the company went belly up.

The irony is I ordered a new 200 gig harddrive for it just last night! And then I found a better deal on a 250 gig haddrive and ordered another to hookup to my pc so that I can download the shows to there.

Wow.. hopefully I can fix this thing somehow.. Any help will be greatly appreciated. ;)

panpan

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Always cold boot (unplug for 1 minute) the recorder whenever it freaks out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My belief is that your Replay is simply out of space = full. You get a bluescreen with "no signal detected" when you've got a full hard drive.

The Replay caches live tv in a file called circular.mpg and it needs space to do this. Without space for the live tv buffer, it goes blue and says it can't detect a signal.

I believe the solution to your problem is to delete a few shows to free up space.

Note that what is reported at the top of the Replay guide is NOT how much SPACE you have left, only a measure of how much guaranteed time available. The only way I'm aware of to see how much free space your Replay truly has is to pause live tv and convert the time reported to space. I try to make sure I've got 3+ hours of available "pause" buffer.

Hope that solves your problem. Once you get a 200/250Gb drive in there, that should help...until you fill that up, too. :)

Doug

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Doug!

I actually called the tech support for ReplayTV. I am surprised that they still have tech support.. I didn't have to wait at all either.

They suggested a few things, and eventually recommended that I do a full reset of system.. meaning I would lose all my shows. Well, I did that and now 5040 works again!

I think your explanation is probably dead on. I was getting low on space, and that probably triggered it. Had I seen your post earlier, I may still have my recorded shows and a working Replay. :) thanks for the response. I know what to do next time this happens.

Dennis

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.