AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that the FAQ says that it is not possible to prevent the Showstopper and Replay from showing a blue screen with a message about no signal detected when the input signal is weak.

Is there any way to change the threshold on the unit as to what it defines as too weak a signal?

For some reason, my cable box, at times, seems to have a weaker signal. If I watch TV directly through the cable box or if I record a program on a VCR, these signal drops are almost imperceptible. However, if I am watching through the Showstopper, I see the blue screen, or if I am watching a recording made on the Showstopper I see a skip in the program.

Thank you for any advice anyone can give.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Get a signal booster at Radio Shack. They cost anywhere from somwhere around $10-20.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I brought up the blue screen issue many times. It happens often in my 5040. Adding the signal booster doesn't help. Calling cable company to boost the signal failed. Last month, I pulled the plug of the TV signal amplifier before the vacation. When I got back, the 5040 reported 100% successufl recording. Usually my 5040 failed to recording some shows. When I played the recorded shows, the TV filled with snow pictures. After playing other shows, same snow pictures. I realized that the TV signal amplifier was unplugged. Yet, 5040 reported 100% sucessful recording!

You can't do any about the blue screen. If possible, exchange for a new unit. Have you ever wondered why so many refurb rtv on ebay.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.