AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my first projector, yahoo! Altough it looks great, and to be honest, the overall image looks better then I expected. Its a Elctrohome EPS-800 a TelexP400 twin. Its a 800x600 LCD, with 420 rated lumens. Anyway, to my problem. There is a faint, but VERY noticable blue line going from top to bottom, just right of center in the image. And it appears to be at least two maybe more pixels wide. Now, you can't see it at all with a white image being displayed, but on average to dark scenes it is so there, the darker the image the easier it is to see. I just wanted to faint when I first saw it, made me so sick to my stomach. Ya, I bought it used, from a firm in GA.

But before I ship it back to them, for a refund, how much would a repair go for on something like this? And is it most likely a bad LCD panel? Whats wrong with my projector!!! http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/frown.gif

Please help,

Tim

·
Registered
531 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by VR Audio Systems:
Before you go insane, have you tried differant inputs and differant input cabels?
I agree. Do you see it when you bring up the projector menus? If so, I would try to get a refund.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I had a similar problem with one of my LCD displays (monitor) from Samsung. After calling tech support they immediately replaced the unit.

------------------

-------------------

UpStreamDown
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by UpStreamDown (edited 05-29-2001).]

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its with all inputs, S-video, composite, RGB. Its in the same spot if I reverse the image as if I were RP'ng, and its in the same spot if I flip the image as if I were upside-down ceiling mounting it, and its in the same spot if if I do both flip and reverse. Its all the way top to bottom. Straight, non-moving no matter what is on the screen. OK it disapears if there is a solid blue image http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif . To me it screams of a bad blue panel. But I wanted to see if anyone else had experiences with bad LCD projectors, can it be fixed? All the answers that come back in my head, is that most likely if it were to be fixed, all three panels would need to be replaced, and that ain't cheap right? I mean this was less then a $1,000 buck projector. I just sending it back, asumming they do the right thing and refund my money. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

·
Registered
25 Posts
most likely you have a dead column in your blue panel, so that is the panel that should be replaced. a defect like that should never have left the manufacturer, so i would definitely recommend to return it for another unit.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"Ya, I bought it used..." It wouldn't have been there its intire life would it have?

Its already out of my life thats all I know, and care about, refund has arrived, on to another used one...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.