AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our city has a multiplex that opened last year from B&B Theaters, a small family owned chain based in MO. They hype up their grand screen, where the screen is larger than a humpback whale and they use a Barco 4k projector (they announced the PJ on Facebook before the theater opened).

Since November there has been a really distract spot in the image when we go. In the bottom right hand corner, there is a large blue spot. Well it's blue in dark scenes, and yellowish in light scenes. Very distracting, but I will say that it was more distracting when I saw it in November as opposed to another movie I saw in December (but still, it was still distracting since it isn't a single pixel, it's like an ink blot(?) that's been poured onto the image) I guess. Nobody who sees a movie there would miss it. They might not care enough to complain, but for me it's distracting as hell.

I would take a picture, but it only shows up well during previews and the movie and I rightfully turn my phone off. Months have gone by and they still haven't fixed it. I assume it is something related to the projector. Anyone have any idea what this is based on my description? I guess I'm wondering why they haven't fixed it. Maybe it requires a new projector, which would suck, I get it, but on the hand they hype this up as a premium experience and charge more for it, yet you go and there is that distracting blue/yellow ink blot.

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
Id complain as much as possible as well as email the company about you having multiple bad experiences at the theater.

The spot could be a faulty imaging chip or somthing as simple as a smudge on the port glass or one of the len's or 3D polarizers. Id keep on the ball and complain as much as possible until its fixed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts