AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've finally had a chance to play with getting the bluetooth headset set up for voice comm in games. I have a Logitech diNovo wireless desktop which is all bluetooth. The mouse charging cradle also acts as a bluetooth hub. I've been really liking the diNovo, so I picked up a Plantronics M3000 bluetooth headset to go with it.

Overall I have not been pleased with the results. After several hours of attempting, I finally got it talking to TeamSpeak. I have not gotten it working with Hlaf-life and it's variants.

Getting the headset paired with my system wasn't tough. However once it is connected, if you close the "My Bluetooth Places" window it drops the connection. Took me a while to figure this one out. Opening "My Bluetooth Places" and right clicking and reconnecting brings it back up. Just don't close that window. You have to initiate the connection from the PC, you can't from the headset.

Each time it connects, the system changes default audio devices to "Bluetooth Audio". I only want voice comm through the headset, everything elso outputing to my receiver. Everytime I connect, I have to go into "Sound and Audio Device Properties" and reset the "Sound playback" default device to my sound card.

I have TeamSpeak set up so i always uses "Bluetooth Audio" for input and output, so that works great.

The other bad news is that the bluetooth audio definately drops the performance of the mouse which is also running through bluetooth. The waving the cursor around on the screen is slightly delayed. I tried playing Halo with the voice enabled, and had significatn trouble with the mouse.

I do not reccomend using a bluetooth headset for in game voice communication. The additional mouse lag, and the issues with connecting and reseting the sound properties make this option unacceptable.

Rob

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Thanks for the heads up! :D

Did you see my new thread? I might help you get all your resolutions working!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep I did see it. Actually everything is working fine with powerstrip for me right now. You know how it is, if it aint broke...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks for the heads up !

·
Registered
6 Posts
The one listed at EB Games has slid multiple times for ECD. Originally to be out about Sept. of last year. I figure that they are having trouble with an FCC cert, maybe?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nothru22,

This "kid" is a 28 year old computer programmer who paid $75 for the plantronics one. And yes, many people do consider $60 expensive.

Rob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.