AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here had some positive experience with any of the bluetooth headphones for music playback on smartphones such as the iPhone?

I was hoping to find a decent bluetooth headphone for my music which is AAC uncompressed lossless (from CDs). I know this is more a typical speaker set of threads but then again headphones too are speakers.

Any help is appreciated. I have somewhat done some research and it seems that Sennheiser and Zik Parrot get some fairly positive reviews.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have the Parrot Zik headphones and love them. They have a much fuller and punchier sound than the Beats powered units. I still use my Audio Technica ATH-M50's when doing critical listening and production work - but for recreational listening I am all about the Zik's. My only complaint with them is over BT some of the "S" sounds can be a tad harsh... a problem I haven't noticed with many other headphones. Using the cable instead it is a little less harsh, but it is still more noticeable than on other brands of decent headphones. I would love for someone to make a de-esser for Android

Other than that - buy with confidence... the Zik's are great.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I own the Parrot Ziks too

I have only had them for two weeks or so but I'm very impressed with these cans :) I've tested just about all the functionality as advertised and these headphones rock! I play mostly flac files and recommend lossless audio. Some mp3s are just too compressed and you can hear the noise in them (some mp3s are fine.) They are expensive but will be with me for years. BT is excellent even though they don't play alt-x codec, no worries. Battery length is not the best (6-8 hrs) but these are noise cancelling units that sound better with that feature on even if you don't need it. I bought an extra battery approx $35 and the hard case for approx $45. Lots of digital processing in these cool units and very friendly software download for config your own equalizer settings etc. At around $400 you may want to check them out prior to purchase (although you could return them) as they sell them at Best Buy. NFC and vol controls, changing tracks etc are very slick, just swipe on the right ear cup. Firmware updates are provided - didn't even attach them to a PC, firmware arrived through WiFi. I'm very pleased with this purchase, check them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts