AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My phone can stream music via bluetooth to the radio in my truck. My PS3 is connected to my surround sound system.

What I wanna know is if I can stream music via bluetooh to my PS3 allowing me to listen to my mp3's through my PS3 system? This would allow me to listen to my tunes through my stereo system.

The other alternative is to buy a bluetooth adapter for my Sony receiver which would run $50-$60. I would like to save the money and not have to buy this adapter if the PS3 would allow this similar to streaming from my PC but from my phone.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
no, the PS3 doesn't have the A2DP Bluetooth profile (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile). I think the only profile it does have is the headset profile.

if it's not an iPhone, it may be possible to hook it up via USB, though. Or, there's always the headphone jack to your receiver, as well. No point in spending $$ on a receiver if a cord can do the same thing.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
As above, no you can't. But you can use a PSP or Remote Play enabled cellphone to control your PS3 and play music that is stored on the PS3 via your stereo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts