AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
depends on whether the PC can wake up via USB, as BlueTooth dongles are almost always USB...even the internal BlueTooth controllers on OEM PCs.

Some can, some can't. If they didn't wire the USB to the +5VSB power source it won't work.

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
Im particularly interested in this. I'm curious to know when a PC/laptop is in sleep mode, what settings to put to wake it up when receiving a bluetooth device autoconnect.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Lots of mobos have jumpers that you must set to enable/disable +5VSB for the various USB headers and sometimes the KB and PS2 mouse ports. Your mobo manual will list these.

BB

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
I have a netbook with the most common standard integrated bluetooth... (broadcom). What settings in windows or bluetooth do I need to enable? I'm guessing it might be under windows power management.. I just dont know where.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbird999 /forum/post/16969891

Lots of mobos have jumpers that you must set to enable/disable +5VSB for the various USB headers and sometimes the KB and PS2 mouse ports. Your mobo manual will list these.

BB

·
Registered
2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven975 /forum/post/16967649

depends on whether the PC can wake up via USB, as BlueTooth dongles are almost always USB...even the internal BlueTooth controllers on OEM PCs.

Some can, some can't. If they didn't wire the USB to the +5VSB power source it won't work.

So, if the USB is powered then a bluetooth keyboard (connected with usb-bluetooth dongle) can wake the PC?

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by duttzi /forum/post/17102747

So, if the USB is powered then a bluetooth keyboard (connected with usb-bluetooth dongle) can wake the PC?

Turns out for my purposes, this doesn't work since the bluetooth keyboard I'm using needs to have an application running on the PC to communicate with the keyboard. Therefore the PC has to already be on.

Mike

·
Registered
2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanamaMike /forum/post/17103001

Turns out for my purposes, this doesn't work since the bluetooth keyboard I'm using needs to have an application running on the PC to communicate with the keyboard. Therefore the PC has to already be on.

Mike

Ok, anyone else got other experiences?

What about a RF (2,4 ghz) usb-dongle?

Edit: I now read that the Keysonic ACK-540 RF can wake the htpc from standby ( http://www.ebuyer.com/product/104608...roduct_reviews ).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts